“It's OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Riley's
Ranked #57 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Syracuse, New York
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went on a recent Friday night with my nieces, it was ok, I wouldn't say great. Made it just before the wait time, but after eating there I wouldn't ever wait. Waitress was short, having never being there, we had questions, and she was real short with answers, which still left us guessing. Salads don't come with dinners, which was an imediate turn off for me, had to pay seperate for it. Food was good, nothing great, average food. Being it was in a small area, dining was loud. Ok,nothing I would rush back to.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Great neighborhood bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away bar/restaurant in Syracuse. Great food, great service, and great atmosphere. A real gem.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Maumee, Ohio
“Are they closed?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been calling all various times for the past three days to try to make a reservation. The phone will ring for one minunte and then beep. If they are in business then they need to change there phone number or answer the phone. I used the phone number from various sites as well as on trip advisor.

Visited January 2013
Syracuse, NY
“One of the best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Rileys is one of our regular places for a upscale dinner in a casual atmosphere. Changing menu, always unique and delicious

Visited November 2012
Homer, New York
“A tradition continues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I returned to Riley's after approximately 10 year hiatus and found it as I remembered it, lot of good time charm and friendly customers. We were there on a Friday night and the pub was busy with well dressed customers enjoying each others company. I had made reservations for the front table. During the day on Friday we received a call at home informing us that the moved us to the "other" table in the dining room to make room for a larger party. It was still a good location and I appreciated the call rather that showing up and being surprised by the change. The meals we all had were judged to range from good (beer battered Haddock) to excellent (Salmon w/ dijon slather, Haddock Basket and Lobster Roll were in that category). The wait staff was perfunctory and did not display any energy to assist us and did not match the "enthusiastic" decor; in other words they did what they had to do, but gave you no more than that. It's a wonderful place and I will return soon.

• Visited December 2012