“Avoid at all cost”

Ernie's Lakeland Cafe
Ranked #304 of 702 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I had the displeasure of eating dinner at Ernie's Lakeland Cafe today. I had won a gift certificate on a local oldies station and decided to try the place tonight. The cafe had like 17 patrons when we entered. We were quickly seated and a waitress came by within minutes to take our order, from there it was all downhill. We both ordered water with lemon to drink, the waitress was quick to inform us that there is additional 25 cent charge for each lemon, Ok, we'll live it and get 2 thin slices of lemon for our drinks. As far as the menu, the place is a little pricey for a cafe. We ordered the fried sampler to start, this came out about 20 minutes after we ordered it. 3 cheese sticks, 3 tenders, and some over cooked mushrooms and onion rings with a small plastic tablespoon size serving of what tasted like a bottled marinara sauce. My wife asked the waitress if we could get another sauce and she said yes, then she left our table and started cleaning up other tables and talking to other customers, needless to say we never did get another sauce. My wife had ordered a cheeseburger and I ordered the hot turkey sandwich. We were offered the salad bar for another $1.95 each, my wife walked up and looked and came back saying no. The salad looked like bagged salad. There were some other dishes in the bar as well but they could not be identified. Another 20 minutes after our sampler arrived we were served our entrees. My wife's burger was a 8 oz burger with cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce. She asked the waitress for some mustard as there was none on the table and some mayo, the waitress said sure and left. Here we go again, she starts to bus tables, talk to others, walk to the kitchen, etc. She must suffer from short term memory loss because the second she walks away she forgets you. My hot turkey sandwich was a good size portion unfortunately the gravy was way over salted. After waiting several minutes for the waitress to return with mustard and some mayo I went up to the kitchen entrance. Another waitress asked if I needed something and I told what I wanted, She handed me a bottle of mustard off a shelf and then I had to wait several more minutes to get a tablespoon size scoop of mayo in a small plastic container. I returned to my table. At no time after we were given our entrees did our waitress return to see if everything was all right or to check on our drinks. Finally we called her over and asked for some more drinks, at this point she developed an attitude and reached across the table to grab both our glasses which still had about a third in them. By this time we had both had enough, we left half our meals on the plates and went up paid the bill and left. Had I known how bad the place was I would have just saved the time thrown the gift certificate out and went to a good restaurant. The food was below average, the wait staff is one of the worst I have ever encountered. I would not recommend this place to people that I don't even like, even that would make me feel bad. Please avoid it and go somewhere else. If you get a gift certificate from a certain local oldies station then save the frustration and tell them to keep it. Tomorrow I will be calling the station to tell them how bad the experience was.

6  Thank taboosdaddy