“Rather Disappointing After Hype”

Mama Nancy's Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 696 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The place was highly recommended as being outstanding. Since I pass through Syracuse quite often I like to try new places. Mama Nancy's is right at the Westbound entrance to I-690 on State Fair Boulevard. Exceptionally easy to get to with adequate parking. It is a large facility and the staff is friendly. The menu seemed very limited compared to many other local establishments. The food was adequate, with large portions, well prepared as requested but nothing out of the ordinary. For the size and quality the price was more than right. I had hoped for a meal and experience out of the ordinary since folks had raved about Mama Nancy's. 'Twas not to be. A good, average place, easy to get to with good prices.

1  Thank armedinfidel

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the outside fool you, this place is one in a million. The staff was so friendly I felt as though I had been there a hundred times but it was my first. The food was fresh and piping hot. The coffee was classic diner coffee and tasted great. I had the beer battered haddock with homemade mac n cheese and broccoli, all of which was spectacular. Even my dinner date was impressed and that isn't easy to do. I've been sending people there since then and have only gotten positive feedback. Check it out and you will see for yourselves. ;^)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don't be off put by Mama Nancy's location. Nestled in between a cheap motel and a truck stop right off of the highway, Mama Nancy's serves up some very good diner food at excellent prices. The breakfast in a bowl (Fresh Biscuit, Hash Browns, Eggs,
Sausage Patty, Topped w/Sausage Gravy all in a bowl) is my personal favorite.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

A colleague told me about this joint, so I decided to give it a try. The food was delicous, in a diner/comfort food sort of way. To be honest, I did not finish my plate, the portions were so generous. (Am I correct that much of the food is from local farms/made from scratch??).

I was impressed that locals came to this out of the way place to eat dinner. Other reviewers were correct, in that this place is right off an interstate, situated between a trucker motel and a trucker gas station. Mama Nancy's is the place to go to on a cold winter's day.

The only negative point I want to make was that the service was a little slow, although there was only one waitress on duty the night I came in here.

I return to Syracuse in December and will give Mama Nancy's another try before I render a final verdict.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

A family member suggested we try this place. Looks like a truck stop, which it is, but just wait until you try the food. Over 100 menu items plus daily specials, you can't go away hungry. This is located on State Fair Blvd near Destiny USA. An easy on and off from rt 690. We have been going on Friday nights for seafood, chicken parm and other items. Wait until you see the cakes they have for desert. Want to taste first, just ask and they'll give you a piece large enough for every one to try. The whole family can eat here without breaking the bank.

Service was great and it is nice to have the waitress remember where you're from and what you had the last time you were there. Ask for Sandy, she's like no other waitress I've ever encountered.

2  Thank Chuck13108