“Feels like home but no after diner dishes :-)”

Mama Nancy's Restaurant
Ranked #136 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Baldwinsville, New York
“Feels like home but no after diner dishes :-)”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the outside fool you, this place is one in a million. The staff was so friendly I felt as though I had been there a hundred times but it was my first. The food was fresh and piping hot. The coffee was classic diner coffee and tasted great. I had the beer battered haddock with homemade mac n cheese and broccoli, all of which was spectacular. Even my dinner date was impressed and that isn't easy to do. I've been sending people there since then and have only gotten positive feedback. Check it out and you will see for yourselves. ;^)

• Visited July 2013

Syracuse, New York
“Good diner with great prices”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don't be off put by Mama Nancy's location. Nestled in between a cheap motel and a truck stop right off of the highway, Mama Nancy's serves up some very good diner food at excellent prices. The breakfast in a bowl (Fresh Biscuit, Hash Browns, Eggs,
Sausage Patty, Topped w/Sausage Gravy all in a bowl) is my personal favorite.

Visited April 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
“Good & Bad; I'm coming back for another try”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A colleague told me about this joint, so I decided to give it a try. The food was delicous, in a diner/comfort food sort of way. To be honest, I did not finish my plate, the portions were so generous. (Am I correct that much of the food is from local farms/made from scratch??).

I was impressed that locals came to this out of the way place to eat dinner. Other reviewers were correct, in that this place is right off an interstate, situated between a trucker motel and a trucker gas station. Mama Nancy's is the place to go to on a cold winter's day.

The only negative point I want to make was that the service was a little slow, although there was only one waitress on duty the night I came in here.

I return to Syracuse in December and will give Mama Nancy's another try before I render a final verdict.

• Visited November 2012
Marcellus, New York
“Looks like a truck stop--but wait !”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A family member suggested we try this place. Looks like a truck stop, which it is, but just wait until you try the food. Over 100 menu items plus daily specials, you can't go away hungry. This is located on State Fair Blvd near Destiny USA. An easy on and off from rt 690. We have been going on Friday nights for seafood, chicken parm and other items. Wait until you see the cakes they have for desert. Want to taste first, just ask and they'll give you a piece large enough for every one to try. The whole family can eat here without breaking the bank.

Service was great and it is nice to have the waitress remember where you're from and what you had the last time you were there. Ask for Sandy, she's like no other waitress I've ever encountered.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Chuck13108
“Wow. Worst night ever...”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Traveled back to Syracuse, NY for my birthday weekend and decided to get some late night food at mama Nancy's. after a great night I arrived with my party to a disorganized mess. After getting the wrong food me and my party were charged $440 instead of our $44 bill.... After demanding a refund the security guard told me to leave the building (strong handedly saying he was a "syracuse police officer") After I swiftly called the police who said to call the credit card company. As I walk back into the establishment the same "macho man" security guard was physically removing the reat of my party. After a second call to the police our money was refunded along with a few bruises to the two youngest most upset people in my group ( completely unprovoked as they paid there bill with cash ). After some she said / she said with the officers nothing was done. I will NEVER feel safe to go back. Nor would I ever want to. I feel VIOLATED and taken advantage of. I should have seen the this coming I guess.... Please don't go... Bad food and one of the worst nights of my life. Happy Birthday to me! :(

4 Thank JustinBarrett