“Good & Bad; I'm coming back for another try”

Mama Nancy's Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 690 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
“Good & Bad; I'm coming back for another try”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A colleague told me about this joint, so I decided to give it a try. The food was delicous, in a diner/comfort food sort of way. To be honest, I did not finish my plate, the portions were so generous. (Am I correct that much of the food is from local farms/made from scratch??).

I was impressed that locals came to this out of the way place to eat dinner. Other reviewers were correct, in that this place is right off an interstate, situated between a trucker motel and a trucker gas station. Mama Nancy's is the place to go to on a cold winter's day.

The only negative point I want to make was that the service was a little slow, although there was only one waitress on duty the night I came in here.

I return to Syracuse in December and will give Mama Nancy's another try before I render a final verdict.

• Visited November 2012

Marcellus, New York
“Looks like a truck stop--but wait !”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A family member suggested we try this place. Looks like a truck stop, which it is, but just wait until you try the food. Over 100 menu items plus daily specials, you can't go away hungry. This is located on State Fair Blvd near Destiny USA. An easy on and off from rt 690. We have been going on Friday nights for seafood, chicken parm and other items. Wait until you see the cakes they have for desert. Want to taste first, just ask and they'll give you a piece large enough for every one to try. The whole family can eat here without breaking the bank.

Service was great and it is nice to have the waitress remember where you're from and what you had the last time you were there. Ask for Sandy, she's like no other waitress I've ever encountered.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Chuck13108
Folkston, Georgia
“pass on by”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

someone told us this was a good diner. WRONG it was not that good! Slow serve and average food. Would not go there again.
First time I'd ever seen tv's at each table probably hoping to distract you from the food!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Bobbie A
Courtland, Virginia
“Breakfast anyone?”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

When I am in the Syracuse area I make it a point to stop at Momma Nancy's for breakfast.
Farm fresh, local eggs and meats. Good home cooking.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Darren B
Syracuse, New York
“worst diner”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Go to any other diner but this one. Greasy steak, overcooked vegetable and lackadaisical service

Visited July 2011