“No Longer In Business”

Add it.
Pita El Saha
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It saddens me to report that Pita el Saha, a fast food place I truly loved, shuttered last Winter and has not moved to a new location. There is now an Insomnia Cookies in its space.... :(

Reviewed November 30, 2012

pitas and gyros are good, but there is no place to sit and grab a bite. it's okay for on campus people.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I always visit this cute little gem whenever I visit the 'Cuse - luv it! It is way better than the competition (I won't mention any names lol).

Sometimes I split pitas with frnds so that we can taste different combos (she always picks the better combos, I must admit :). Anyway, definitely stop here whenever you find yourself bleeding orange in the 315!

Plus, the owner is cutie and very friendly!

Reviewed July 11, 2011

No, that's not an exaggeration - Pita el Saha really does make the tastiest, most reasonably priced pita sandwiches I've ever had (around US$5 in most cases), in a wide variety of fillings from sliced beef gyro (no beef-lamb doner here, sadly) to my preferred chicken gyro (just as tasty, and better for you!) to cubed beef and chicken to steak to veggie-only and hummus. However you get it, you won't be disappointed - they're delicious, filled with a variety of vegetable stuffings (lettuce, onions, tomatoes, sprouts, green or hot peppers, even pineapple should you so choose) and sauces (taziki sauce, hot sauce, various salad dressings and sandwich spreads), along with optional cheese (I don't bother, but my brother does). If you want something else, they also have stuffed grape leaves and baklava (very good), hummus (I'm not that crazy about their recipe, but my wife loves it), various savory turnovers and salads.

Pita El Saha is a whitewashed storefront on Marshall Street in Syracuse, NY, a couple blocks from Crouse Hospital and Syracuse University, basic in appearance but always very clean. Essentially a fast food place (there are a couple tables, but no wait service), they are usually jammed during the school year as college students stop in for lunch, dinner, or while bar-hopping at night - during the summer months things are quieter as most of their customers are either hospital staff and visitors, or local fans like myself (I often go after the gym late at night). They're open 11:00 am - 3:00 am seven days a week (though if business is slow during summer or school breaks they may close early, and they sometimes but not always close on major holidays).

If you like good basic food and are in the Syracuse area, be sure to stop in at Pita El Saha - they really are worth the trip.

1  Thank timeliebe
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 25, 2008

Cheap and open late. Great stop on the way out of the Marshall st bars.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook