“Just across the road”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual, family friendly. Located upstairs
Reviewed May 5, 2013

When we wheeled into the Days Inn after a long drive we really didn't feel like driving somewhere else to get dinner.Luckily Joey's was across the road so we walked over and were pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent and meal reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Tried Pronto Joey's for the first time ... I've eaten at Joey's before, but I was in old jeans and so chose the less dressy eatery above the restaurant. Loved the modern decor, and the food was as good as I remember at Joey's! I had the homemade canneloni and it was much different with the chicken added - delicious! I ordered a caesar salad to start and it was enormous and so fresh, dressing was the best I've had. Wished I had room for dessert (you can see what's available on view as you enter), but i had to take a doggy bag as it was. The service was quick, efficient and friendly - I'll be back soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food is authenic, our favorite in Syracuse area. Can eat at bar, in family style area or in the more formal basement area. All are good, staff is very friendly and very knowledgable.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were staying at a nearby hotel and had dinner here at 7 pm on a saturday night. There was no lineup and we were seated right away. The pasta was really good and the chicken marsala excellent. The service was good. They also have takeout.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Joey's is a nice restaurant that sits on top of its more formal sister restaurant, which is located in the basement. They are both Italian, and both well-visited by the local population.

Pronto Joeys food is more than adequate. Their table bread is served warm, and is well-laced with garlic...very tasty. Likewise, their appetizer salads are also nice, with a variety of greens, onions, tomato and olives. Their house dressing is a balsamic vinaigrette, but I highly recommend their pepper parmesan, which has just the right amount of tanginess to go with the parmesan cheese base.

For a main course, I had the broiled sea scallops, which were seved over a base of pasta. It was very good, although I'd probably recommend using a white/butter based sauce the next time I try that dish.

One thing that I would warn you about in this restaurant; before you order ANYTHING here in a lemon sauce, make sure that you REALLY like lemon. Their lemon sauces are very tart, and will make you pucker like none you've ever had before. I told them about this on a prior visit, but I guess that is their recipe and the are not open to change. Don't get me wrong; it's not bad, but it is REALLY lemony.

If you enjoy dessert, this place has a counter full of wonderful-looking cakes and pastries. Unfortunately, I can't eat this kind of thig, but I wish that I could...they look like they are worth the calories!

This was a good meal at a very reasonable price. I will come back in the future.