“Very nice place, food is good, service is good.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pronto Joey's
Ranked #24 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual, family friendly. Located upstairs
Ithaca, NY
“Very nice place, food is good, service is good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food is authenic, our favorite in Syracuse area. Can eat at bar, in family style area or in the more formal basement area. All are good, staff is very friendly and very knowledgable.

Visited October 2012

“Great food at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were staying at a nearby hotel and had dinner here at 7 pm on a saturday night. There was no lineup and we were seated right away. The pasta was really good and the chicken marsala excellent. The service was good. They also have takeout.

Rochester, New York
1,880 restaurant reviews
“Pretty good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Joey's is a nice restaurant that sits on top of its more formal sister restaurant, which is located in the basement. They are both Italian, and both well-visited by the local population.

Pronto Joeys food is more than adequate. Their table bread is served warm, and is well-laced with garlic...very tasty. Likewise, their appetizer salads are also nice, with a variety of greens, onions, tomato and olives. Their house dressing is a balsamic vinaigrette, but I highly recommend their pepper parmesan, which has just the right amount of tanginess to go with the parmesan cheese base.

For a main course, I had the broiled sea scallops, which were seved over a base of pasta. It was very good, although I'd probably recommend using a white/butter based sauce the next time I try that dish.

One thing that I would warn you about in this restaurant; before you order ANYTHING here in a lemon sauce, make sure that you REALLY like lemon. Their lemon sauces are very tart, and will make you pucker like none you've ever had before. I told them about this on a prior visit, but I guess that is their recipe and the are not open to change. Don't get me wrong; it's not bad, but it is REALLY lemony.

If you enjoy dessert, this place has a counter full of wonderful-looking cakes and pastries. Unfortunately, I can't eat this kind of thig, but I wish that I could...they look like they are worth the calories!

This was a good meal at a very reasonable price. I will come back in the future.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Otego, New York, United States
“Very Good Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were in Syracuse yesterday and stopped at Joey's for dinner. We ended up having a very good dinner upstairs at Pronto Joey's.

Bread was great and was served with garlic butter.
Entrees were delicious and came with salads.
Desserts are all home made and very good as well.
Had enough to take home for another meal.
Staff was attentive and helpful.

• Visited March 2013
Niagara, Canada
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Have ordered food from this place a few times when staying in the Carrier Circle. You can never tell what will be delivered, will the pizza and wings be overcooked or undercooked this time. Thought we'd try again last time we were staying in a motel less than a mile away. We were told it would be a half hour for the delivery. We called after an hour and asked where the food was and we were told it was out for delivery. Called back a half hour later and cancelled the order. The guy didn't answer me and just hung up. Ordered from Papa Johns on James St and had the food in less than a half hour.

Visited November 2012