“Wait for Nothing.”

Eva's European Sweets
Ranked #14 of 696 Restaurants in Syracuse
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Waited over an hour for a table for two and we were third in line behind two couples. When a table became free, we were passed over for the party of three behind us because "the table was better suited for a party of three." Left restaurant immediately. No food in stomach.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Having enjoyed Eva's before, I suggested the place for a Saturday supper. The restaurant was busy enough that 2 in my party "reserved" desserts from their tempting selections in the display case.
We were promptly seated in the back room, and the waitstaff were very friendly and efficient at taking our orders, and delivering the food. Cabbage apple salad and warm green beans were good starters, and the entrees of mushroom croquettes (more like a fried blintz), kielbasa dinner, and potato and mushroom pierogie were tasty and filling.
Meanwhile, the noise level of conversations and laughter in the echo-y room was escalating, to the point we almost had to shout to be heard at our own table. It was as loud as a sports bar.
The chocolate cake and banana mousse cake were delicious; the mango mousse cake had very little flavor, but a nice texture, and a tasty glaze on top. Eva's "paints" flower designs onto the dessert plates with icing, a very attractive touch.
By the time we left, I had a splitting headache from the noise level. Next time, I will avoid crowded times, and ask not to be seated in the back room.

1  Thank lem1eu10
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Found this place on several review sites and since we had some time to kill before our flight, decided to check it out. So glad we did. Pierogi and kielbasa were delicious. So sad we don't live in Syracuse anymore as we won't get to eat here again for a long while.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

It was my sister's birthday and she said that she was dying to return to this restaurant. Wow, I can understand why! Even though it's not on the menu, she told me (and I verified with the waitress) that I would do some mix and matching. It took me a long time to decide, even with the idea that I could order a variety. So many choices! I finally decided on a mushroom croquette and sis said that she'd like to try one too. And we also shared an order Ruskie (cheese and potato) pierogies and the cabbage with beans and carrots. Everything was just fabulous! I'm glad sis warned me about the size of the pierogies because I was ready to order a second set to split. I've never seen any that were so big. And never tasted any that were so absolutely tender and puffed up with their filling. (I immediately ordered another set to go to take to my good friend at home.) The mushroom croquettes were also deliciously and generously filled. And the cabbage combo was yummy.

We didn't even consider trying to eat dessert, but how can you leave a place named Eva's Sweets without some sweets? We had them pack some sweets to go and both really enjoyed them the next day.

I will definitely be back soon!

1  Thank nwk_berlin
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have never gone out for polish or Eastern European food but we will for sure again here. Homey atmosphere, great service, and killer food. Porogies fantastic & light be sure to get 12 and try each, potato pancakes with spices meat sauce a must & the meat stew savory & almost BBQ like. Beer choices amazing. We did not want the front room too noisy & close to cold door chose the middle room that looks like grandmas dining room or the back room quiet & like Nona's parlor. On top of it this used to be a butcher shop run for decades by my husbands family that was a bonus when we pulled up based on DDD review on food tv! Too full for dessert but the case looked delicious!