“Wonderful food!”

Eva's European Sweets
Ranked #16 of 693 Restaurants in Syracuse
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It was my sister's birthday and she said that she was dying to return to this restaurant. Wow, I can understand why! Even though it's not on the menu, she told me (and I verified with the waitress) that I would do some mix and matching. It took me a long time to decide, even with the idea that I could order a variety. So many choices! I finally decided on a mushroom croquette and sis said that she'd like to try one too. And we also shared an order Ruskie (cheese and potato) pierogies and the cabbage with beans and carrots. Everything was just fabulous! I'm glad sis warned me about the size of the pierogies because I was ready to order a second set to split. I've never seen any that were so big. And never tasted any that were so absolutely tender and puffed up with their filling. (I immediately ordered another set to go to take to my good friend at home.) The mushroom croquettes were also deliciously and generously filled. And the cabbage combo was yummy.

We didn't even consider trying to eat dessert, but how can you leave a place named Eva's Sweets without some sweets? We had them pack some sweets to go and both really enjoyed them the next day.

I will definitely be back soon!

1  Thank nwk_berlin

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have never gone out for polish or Eastern European food but we will for sure again here. Homey atmosphere, great service, and killer food. Porogies fantastic & light be sure to get 12 and try each, potato pancakes with spices meat sauce a must & the meat stew savory & almost BBQ like. Beer choices amazing. We did not want the front room too noisy & close to cold door chose the middle room that looks like grandmas dining room or the back room quiet & like Nona's parlor. On top of it this used to be a butcher shop run for decades by my husbands family that was a bonus when we pulled up based on DDD review on food tv! Too full for dessert but the case looked delicious!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have been to Syracuse for many shopping trips, but this is the first time that we have found a Polish restaurant. We went after shopping at Destiny Mall. Evaès is not far from there, but without a GPS, its a bit of a tricky route. We shared an order of potato pancakes, called Platski(spelled Placki) and two different polish beers, one dark, one light.
We watched the other combo orders coming out of the kitchen and if you are planning on having cabbage rolls and potato pancakes and sauerkraut, you had better have a big appetite, because the servings are hardy.
We spoke with the owners daughter, and learned a bit about how the restaurant came to be.
The staff is mostly family and friends. It started out of necessity and has now established an niche for itself. When you step in up the store front steps, you could swear that you were standing in someones house. The collectables are all around you, There are a couple of boxes of kids toys to keep the young ones busy and the kitchen and beer fridge are just off to the right. There are two larger rooms to the back that can accommodate groups and the aromas are as delicious as the food. For specialty food and drink, the prices are reasonable.
We will be skipping lunch before we return again so that we can sample more of the polish food like my mother-in-law used to make. They close by 9pm so don't be late.

1  Thank Kevanski1
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lunch with friends. Friend said this looks just like my mother's front parlor. Eclectic interior and spotless everywhere. Food is to die for and very reasonable. Try the beet side dish. Great spices
and taste. I don't think you'll see a SYSCO truck anywhere near this place. Isn't that a nice thought.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This place really lives up to the hype, great food, large menu, small but nice decor very authentic. It can be a bite pricey but well worth it

1  Thank G29er