“So going back”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went here after seeing it on Man Vs. Food ... and we weren't disappointed. The staff was friendly and funny, the food was excellent and the portions were ...WOW. The pancakes were huge and tastey. I tried the frittata challenge ... but wasn't able to finsih.

I definatly recommend it.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

what a plate of food... this place is amazing when it comes to a plate of food. They know how to make you leave happy. If you leave hungry then that would be your own fault. I had the Ham & Cheese omelet with homefries. So much that I couldn't eat it all. Brought it home and finished it the next day. You will not be disappointed if you go here.

1  Thank Connie H
Reviewed October 12, 2013

If you go to Mother's Cupboard, you'd better show up with a healthy appetite. The breakfast was amazing. The first time I went, I just had a pancake and bacon. The pancake is a foot wife and more than enough by itself. But it was great! I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank weary_traveller25
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is by far the best place I have ever been for a diner breakfast. Besides having EXCELLENT food ( I challenge you to finish the giant pancake!), the staff is great and the place runs like a well-oiled machine. Also, the coffee is the best coffee out there. The atmosphere is cozy and homey, and it is certainly a place that you will want to return to. Great prices too!!

1  Thank CESpencer1992
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wow. Mother's is exactly what you would expect from a real American, small-time, food joint. While in town I got together with a few friends here for breakfast. Yeah, we usually go to Hullar's which is also great, but we wanted to maintain an old tradition. I din't take much in the way of pictures because I probably would have heard beaching from my friends.

The corned beef hash is just outstanding because they are all grilled and crunchy on the edges. Ahhh, just a delight to my palate. I also had scrabbled eggs (perfect), hash browns (perfect), and multiple cups of delicious, real coffee (black of course). Hey you great servers, my cup never dropped below half before several of you filled it.

A Syracuse tradition I had forgotten about.