“Tiny building, tiny parking, huge portions!”

Mother's Cupboard Fish Fry
Ranked #29 of 683 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
North Carolina
“Tiny building, tiny parking, huge portions!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

34 seats and 8 employees so everyone is covered. Had a very tasty Mexican omelet that took up 100% of the 12" plate for $8 n change. Couldn't finish it. Saw a pancake on the griddle that had to be 20" across! I think with the size of their portions they're compensating for the size of their parking lot.

• Visited June 2013

se ct
“Tons of Food Doesn't Make it Great.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've been to a number of breakfast places in Syracuse at this point, and I have to say that I'm not getting the charm of this place, other than decent prices. If more than two people go, plan on waiting forever. My daughter cringed at the waitresses hands on the silverware; just didn't come across as clean in anything. And the fact that a pancake is bigger than your head doesn't make it great. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't go back either. I would take a waffle at Fun 'n Waffles any day. Or Stellas. Or DD Drive Thru. Fewer headaches, smaller crowd, cleaner.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank kambea
Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't let the outside fool you”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I can't decide whether I like Stella's Diner or Mother Cupboard's better. Mother C's serves huge portions of great food at very reasonable prices. It's not fancy, has maybe 8 tables, but the food is exceptional! The pancake is 12" and overlaps the plate. Everything we had was good.

Visited April 2013
Rome, New York
“breakfast”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

the best damn pancakes i have ever had.great service.pete green is very fun to watch.atmosphere.every thing on menu looks very good .the omlets are so huge they hang off your plate.easy to get at.what more could you ask for

Visited March 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Huge Pancakes and Great Service!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If I was just driving past this restaurant, I would not have stopped there to eat, but it came highly recommended by my daughter's friends in Syracuse. It looks a bit run-down on the outside, but was bustling inside! We went on a Sunday morning (about 11:00am) and waited about 30 minutes to get a table. Each of the three of us had a pancake that was bigger than the plate it came on (no joke!) and coffee. My daughter ordered home fries and I had a side of ham. I honestly could eat only one third of my pancake and half of my slice of ham - it was delicious and very filling. We all took home some food, and the leftovers made a great lunch the next day! Our waitress was wonderful about making sure we had enough coffee and creamers; for as busy as the restaurant was, I did not feel rushed to leave at all. It was less than a 10 minute drive from the Syracuse University area and is definitely worth the wait if you enjoy diner-style food and service. We will be planning on going there again on our next trip to Syracuse!

• Visited April 2013