“Great Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice size portions, service is outstanding. Always busy prepare to wait a little bit, but worth it !

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Syracuse for a little get away for a few day's , when we go away we always seem to eat at the "chain" type restaurants and I really was getting sick of them , so I came to trip advisor and did some searching and looking around and came across the review's for stella's .... man am I glad I found this place !!!

We went in around 7 pm , there is a sign that say's seat yourself at any open table that is clean , so we did just that , right away a server came over and took our drink order's , I had a chocolate milk shake and my wife had a glass of wine . Then another server came over and took our order , I had the country fried chicken , 2 chicken breast's with a nice crunchy coating smothered in a chicken gravy , with a side of fries and macaroni salad , the portions were huge , my wife had chicken fingers with a side of cottage cheese and something else ( I cant remember the other side she had ) . We both were fighting to finish our meal because the amount of food we got . But we did and it was awesome !!!

If you go you have to have a milk shake , they are huge and topped with whipped cream and a cherry , they give you a spoon along with a straw to drink it , actually some people saw it on there way out and commented on how good it looked and when the girl at the table beside us saw it , she ordered one also .

Some people say the service is not great , we didn't experience that at all , we cant say anything bad about the service , its a diner , not a 5 star restaurant !!!

We enjoyed our meal so much , 12 hrs later we were sitting back in Stella's enjoying our morning breakfast , the breakfast was awesome !!! Again cant say a bad thing about the food or service .

Both my wife and I commented on next time we are in Watertown shopping it would be worth the hour long drive from Watertown to Syracuse to eat at Stella's , and I have a feeling we may just end up doing just that lol

You can tell this is a popular place with the local's and for good reason's !!! I noticed quite a few people ordering the Jambalaya and from what I saw ..... it is a massive plate of goodness and love , I may try this next time we are there , also quite a few people ordering the Philly cheese steak sandwich , which also looked awesome .

The menu is huge , has a ton of choices , you can order Breakfast , lunch or dinner when ever you want , doesn't matter if it is 7 am and you want a Philly cheese steak or 8 pm and you want eggs Benedict , order what you want when you want .

If you are in Syracuse or the general area .... you have to go to Stella's , you will not be sorry you did , and I can guarantee you will make a return visit at some point .

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a typical diner food breakfast. The food & service were both good, not great. The portions were fair and the service was ok too. If were in the area again, we would return.

1  Thank RRanella
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have eaten breakfast at Stella's a few times on our way through Syracuse and we've never been disappointed. The food is great, the portions are large, the price is cheap, and the menu is extensive. It's a perfect diner. Expect a long wait for Breakfast on the weekends though.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stella's is somewhat of a rite of passage for Syracuseans and visitors alike. If you have not eaten at Stella's, then you must visit as soon as possible. Great food. 50's like atmosphere. Whether it's lunch or breakfast, you will leave Stella's feeling satisfied.