“Date night”

Dining options: Reservations
Syracuse, New York
“Date night”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner last night at this local gem! What a cozy and inviting restaurant. The seafood chowder was full of seafood and veggies, the crabcake sandwich was yummy, and my husbands tenderloin tips over egg noodles were amazing! Our waitress was great as well. We will for sure go back!

1 Thank swissiam

Geneseo, New York
“Hidden gem in 'Cuse”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been to Morgan's a few other times with friends from Syracuse. Each time I had a pleasant experience with good food, good service, and comfortable ambiance. This visit, before a Syracuse basketball game, I insisted my husband try this little gem of a restaurant. While it may be a bit difficult to find for an out-of-towner, it is well worth the short side trip off of the main drag in Fairmount/Camillus. Once I had guided my chauffeur-husband there (I grew up in Syracuse; he did not), he was really quite taken with the place when we entered. He wanted to sit in the bar but then realized it was a tad noisy, so we opted to move to the dining room.

We were politely accommodated. The waitress lit the candle decorating our table and even lit the charming fireplace near us (there are fireplaces at either end of the dining room.) The menu is fairly extensive with both tavern fare (think burgers, etc.) and full meals (seafood, poultry, veal, and beef). I ordered an incredibly succulent salmon dinner and my husband ordered a chicken dish. I sampled both and declared mine the winner. We both loved the fresh rolls, the salads (which were very large), and the fresh veggies and potatoes that accompanied our meals. We were surprised we didn't get the usual soggy zucchini that is served at most restaurants in the winter.

I should mention that the bar can be a nice place to eat, depending on the patrons there. I have eaten at the bar in the summer and was delighted to see all the golfers that filled the place in the afternoon. They seemed to be a quieter crowd.

All in all, Morgan's is a special place in a cute neighborhood. It is appropriate for an excellent casual meal or a special night out.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank karengduffy
Buffalo, NY
“Love this little place”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

You will not find this by accident, you have to know where to go! Food is outstanding, dining room or bar area for eats. Have a good local following. The seafood dishes are wonderful as are the soups. Creme Bulee is mmmmm good.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank FlyUsAway
Syracuse, New York
“Great little sit down restaurant”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I like the fine dining style. They have standard fare on the menu, and wonderful variety of specials. The wait staff is friendly and professional.

Visited October 2013
El Paso, Illinois
“Yikes, You Didn't Really Do That!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went to Morgan's at the recommendation of the owner of the B&B where we were staying. Arrived around 7:30 to a packed house as it was Syracuse homecoming weekend. We were told there would be about a twenty minute wait so we went to the packed bar for a drink, snagged some chairs and saw the bar tender take a napkin and wipe off the edges of a mustard dip bowl that other folks had used and place it back on the bar for us to use with the pretzels she poured into the bowl. Yuck.
In the dining room our meal was mediocre, mainly due to fish that was overlooked, a waitress who was hard to locate, never smiled, and never refilled our water glasses. We understand that the place was busy, but we watched other waitstaff smile and provide good service. We also wondered about the quality of our food having witnesses what happened in the bar area.
Bottom line, we would never return!!!

• Visited October 2013