“Old School Style”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

After years of avoiding this restaurant, I decided to give it another go. Past experiences would have obliged me to give Morgan's a lesser rating. On a recent weekday I went for lunch with a friend. To my delight, the inside looked freshened-up while still maintaining that old school/ neighborhood establishment feel. We were immediately greeted by an upbeat waitress who promptly seated us in the dining room, that was surprisingly full of what appeared to be an older crowd. I appreciated the fact that the fire place was roaring, as it was quite cold outside. The freshly baked rolls were delicious. I ordered the flat bread pizza and my friend ordered the haddock special which she seemed to enjoy. My pizza was good, nothing great or memorable but satisfying because I was hungry. As mentioned, I was expecting a lot worse based on prior visits, so I was happy to have something palatable. Overall, the service was great and the atmosphere spurred me to think of fond memories of my grandparents place. The prices were on the high side for comparable restaurants in the area. I would cautiously recommend this place...I might give it another try in the near future. If they focus on the food quality and perhaps expand their conventional menu, it could revitalize business.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Absolutely love the place. Usually there on weekends when JIMMY THE BARTENDER is on who is our Sam Malone and is a great bartender there of some 30 yrs. We usually eat at the bar or in the bar area and food is always very good and consistent and wait staff are always excellent and friendly. Our only disappointment is their removal of the rare roast beef sandwich and the lamb dinner from the menu (BUT HOPEFULLY THEY RETURN). Recently went in on a Sunday afternoon for dinner in the dining room and service was the usual excellent and the roast pork dinner was very good. One is clearly not left hungry thereafter. When friends or family are in from out of town this is our safety net of places to go. Even a friend who is a producer who was in from L.A. and has the best of restaurants out west concurred......Mark/syr

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Food was terrible! Cold and bland! Service was equally as bad! A real disappointment. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had reservations on a recent Friday. When we arrived, there were several empty tables but apparently the table they reserved for us was not ready. We had to wait about 10 minutes while the hostess found the time to clean up our table and set it for us. We were the only people in line and the place was not that busy for a 10 minute wait with reservations. I enjoyed my food when it arrived, my husband did not like his food, he felt it was overcooked. I am not sure we would go back there, there may be better places to explore.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We had dinner here a couple of weeks ago. the house special of steak with a portobello and port wine reduction was superb. They also do a good traditional Sunday lunch.