“Locovores take note”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We've been to Gentile's on many occasions, most recently to their new location, which is in a marginal neighborhood - but so was the last place. It seems perfectly safe, ad the inside is beautifully decorated. We were there recently on a Tuesday night, and there was a good crowd. That alone speaks well for their quality. Call ahead for the evening's "special." sometimes you can bring your own wine, sometimes the chef will prepare a special meal on request. Almost all of the food is local - and we have some amazing local food! It is a bit pricey, but pretty reasonable for lunch.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was only at the old location, but can't wait to try the new one. The food was the best, Utica Greens were plentiful and delicious. My son who is vegetarian enjoys their made to order vegetarian dishes and I enjoyed their shrimp scampi selection.

1  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great Italian place to go for a nice dinner, not all typical Italian, has a flare to it that makes it extra special

1  Thank NaomiMc79
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Being an eclectic cook myself I am always searching for new and exciting. To start with the staff is disorganized and some outright rude. An appetizer of fried calamari was cooked perfectly served with average sauces. My meal of marlin in a Sambucca prosciutto sauce was good not great. The fish was tough the sambucca overbearing and too much prosciutto makes for salty. Which brings me to their "famous vodka sauce" NOT! Too thick, too salty, too much cheese. This simple sauce should be light and tasty. Each chef has their own version which is exciting. However this was an Olive Garden version. The seafood stew was excellent. Which brings me to dessert. Exhorbant pricing and absolutely terrible flavor. Red velvet had some sort of corn surpy flavor, chocolate mouse had a "waxy" tasting icing and tirimisu had cool whip undertones. I know this chef has the potential to be excellent. Maybe offering fewer entrees, a competent restaurant manager and homemade desserts would pull it together.

2  Thank maria1519
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is my favorite place to eat in Syracuse and it is the place I name to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. The food is superb and always prepared with an individual flare for style and taste. All of the recipes are individual creations and the menu changes 4 times a year so it is always fresh. There is a great selection of wines and the desserts are fantastic as well. The waiters always take good care of you and turns the entire dining experience into something special.