“Wow!!!!”

China Pavilion Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 704 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

First time here. My girlfriend and I stopped in for dinner. The food was excellent. The service could not have been any better. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant. We will definitely be coming back again soon! Best Chinese food I have had!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Only a few good chinese restaurant in Syracuse, they are one of them. The restaurant is clean. To my surprise, they don't charge me for hot tea. They have few kids' menu, nothing fancy (ie sweet n sour chicken, chicken wings) that comes with rice or french fries. Excellent service. All you can eat buffet is on Tuesday and Friday 11:30 to 2 pm for $7.50+tax, not too bad. Dim sum is served on sunday lunch time.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have ordered from their before and never got sick. This certain day I ordered chicken wings and around 3:00 am it was not pretty. I don't know if it was the grease that they are using or the batter but be very careful if the chiken wings are huge and the batter is white and flaky it might not be pretty for you!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This chinese restaurant is the best! The food is absolutely delicious, full of flavor, and consistant. We were regulars until we moved to PA. Now, when we are back in the area we make it a point to eat there. The service is excellent and the restaurant is spotlessly clean. The owners are extremely nice and gracious. If you live in the area or are visiting, don't miss this restaurant. I strongly recommend it.

1  Thank booth4
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I'm amazed at the previous reviewer who wrote that the service was sub-standard. My colleague and I were on a business trip this past week. He requires a completely gluten-free diet and must be careful, not only of every ingredient, but cross-contamination as well. After checking the local celiac disease website, we drove to China Pavillion and found both the service and the food to be excellent. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu and how the dishes were prepared. We ordered and the food was served within minutes! I have lived in worked in NYC my entire life. The food was as good as any local Chinese restaurant I have known. We enjoyed our dinner so much my 'gluten free' colleague wanted to return for another helping. We chatted with the owner for some time. He has apparently developed a keen interest in providing a gluten-free menu - just because he cares. He has gone to great lengths to find and order gluten-free ingredients regardless of the cost. In two days, we tasted four or five dishes and they were all delicious. As for me, no sense whatsoever that they were prepared 'gluten free.' The restaurant is attractive, clean.... and, on our next trip to anywhere in Western New York, we will definitely return.

2  Thank Silverpal