“Best "Sangwich" In Syracuse”

Blue Tusk Pub & Wine Bar
Ranked #27 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
New Jersey
“Best "Sangwich" In Syracuse”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Business has recently brought me to Syracuse and this is the absolutely best lunch option in Armory Square. So far I have done the #11 and #12 along with the roast beef deli sandwich. My quest now is to eat every one of their numbered sandwiches. Only suggestion would be to put some balsamic vinegar on the #12. They have Boar's Head cold cuts which is top shelf. Will be placing a large order next week for a work shop group.

• Visited December 2012

Manlius, New York
“Overrated”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place has an excellent selection of beers, but it can be hard to get served depending on the time of day. You could say that they're victims of their own success, but still, the staff could show a little more hustle. Possibly the most overrated bar in Armory Square.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank James L
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“I don't want to serve myself.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great selections of draught but they want you to do all the work.
We left after finding out we had to not only locate a table for ourselves but also walk from the table to order food and beverage and then pick it up and deliver it to our table.

Visited October 2012
Utica, New York
“Interesting place, cool menu”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Went to Blue Tusk with my family for lunch. I was hesitant to go because parking downtown is terrible, especially with all the construction right now...but that's not the restaurant's fault! We went a little after the lunch rush so parking wasn't too bad.
You have to order at the counter from a not so helpful hostess ...I think. Then they give you a pager that goes off when your food is done. There were 6 of us and 8 plates, which we had to pick up amd carry back to our table. The food is considerably cheaper than other restaurants in Armory Square, maybe its because you are your own waiter.
I ordered a goat cheese and mushroom quesadilla and it was very good. They put a ton of fresh basil in it which I picked out because it was over powering.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the quality of their food. Both of my brothers ordered salads, which they promptly ate in about 5 minutes then proceeded to pick off my plate. Their salads just weren't filling.
All in all, I'd say I'd go again if I knew I could get parking...if I have to search for parking, it's not worth it.

1 Thank Mccabers
Toronto, Canada
“Lobster Sandwich :)”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was the perfect day to eat on the patio. As a non-smoker, I'm glad they separated two sides of the patio, so I could enjoy my meal. I sat on the side facing the street, it was nicely shaded and comfortable.

Service was good - one of the kitchen staff quickly explained to us after we walked in that we ordered and paid upfront and that there was not table service You get one of those buzzer things to tell you when your food is ready so that you can pick it up.

Food - I had the lobster sandwich which had a healthy amount of lobster meat in every bite. It came in a croissant bun which tasted fresh and was a great combo with the lobster. I highly recommend this.

Visited September 2012