Dominick's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a party of 7 for dinner on a Friday night in June 2013. Our server's name was Adam and he was superb and couldn't have been more accommodating. As usual, the food was delicious and served hot. One thing about the portions at Dominick's is the fact that not too many leave without a takeout container of the meal they couldn't finish. Three of us returned to Dominick's this past Saturday and again we were fortunate to have Adam as our server. We all started off with mussels Josephine that were out of this world. I swear we went through a loaf of bread, dipping it in the glorious sauce. If you are in the Syracuse area and you want tasty food at a reasonable price, then Dominick's is the place to go. By the way, I live 90 miles to the south and we drive up and eat here at least 6 - 7 times per year.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I don't usually write negative reviews, but after unloading $62 for our family to eat bad food, I feel compelled. First off, I asked the waitress how large the children's spaghetti was, as I prefer not to order food we won't be able to eat, she indicated a rather small serving, so I ordered 3 for my small daughters. They ended up huge and they didn't even eat one between the 3 of them, $10 out the door! Then, I ordered the "Italian Platter", the marinara was tasteless. The lasagna was pretty good, but would have been better with a flavorful marinara. I added salt, but it still just had no flavor. It was weird, it didn't even taste like tomatoes!
My husband ordered prime rib, which he said was good, and scallops. The scallops didn't come until we were ready to leave, but they still charged us for them! I was floored!
Well, my husband is very kind and didn't let me protest, so we had to pay the whole bill anyway. I don't mind, if it is worth it, but it surely wasn't tonight.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've had several business lunches here ... and a few dates, too. Dominick's is a wonderful place for conversation, great food and consistently friendly service. This is one of our "regular" places to go.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My son and I were in town for a basketball tournament and stopped in here for dinner. The service was fast and friendly and the food was classic Italian style comfort food. I had the veal parm which was very good and my son had angel hair pasta with white clam sauce which was also very good. The portions were massive. Way too much for any normal person to consume. This is a family friendly place and I would recommend for a nice night out.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

There isn't much special at Dominick's aside from their giant macaroons and other tasty desserts. It always seems there are too many customers and not enough servers.