“Pub Grub at its best”

Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 716 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "The Irish Pub You've Been Training For"... Where the Craic of Ireland meets the heart of Downtown Syracuse.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have dined here many times over the years but never on a huge weekend like the St Patricks Day festivities. Service was spot on despite the crowd and food good but not over the top.
David Hoynes the owner greets all patrons while busily picking up glasses, tending to business at hand. Definitely a must for anyone visiting the Armory Square area of Syracuse.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We visited Kitty Hoynes on a Friday night the eve before St. Patricks' day. Had we known that they take reservations we certainly would have made one as the pub was packed. That being said the hostess seated us at a reserved table as we assured her that we would be gone before they showed up. Needless to say for an Irish pub they had an excellent selection of beers and ciders on tap and the food turned out to be of really good quality. The service was top notch and the atmosphere was really nice making it a very enjoyable evening. If you are looking for good pub grub and fine ale then Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub is a fine choice.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Being big fans of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, we decided we'd frame our meals for our weekend in Syracuse around places that have been on the show! It was our first time searching out featured restaurants (or dives!) and we decided to head to Kitty Hoynes for lunch. It's an Irish Pub owned by someone from Ireland, with an Irish cook. Very authentic looking atmosphere inside, with a "pub or bar" area on one side, and a family seating area through a door on the other side. Having seen several menu items on the DDD show, that's what we ordered, because they looked so good, and it was a good choice. We ordered the Reuben fritter appetizers (blended corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut rolled into balls, coated in Panko crumbs, and deep fried, served with homemade Reuben dressing - yummy!). I also got the lamb/beef Irish meatloaf with cabbage cream sauce and mashed potatoes. Everything was unbelievably tasty, with complex flavors and excellent presentation (see photo). My wife got a Reuben sandwich (as well as the Reuben fritter appetizers!) and that was awesome as well. Topped it off with a nice Guinness. An excellent meal. Highly recommend this place if you're in Syracuse.

2  Thank lhousesoccer
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great food and they pour a fine pint. What's not to like? I give it a 4 as on the night when it was not so rocking, the service and food were impeccable. One night, it was jammed with mostly bar patrons and the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed and both the food and service suffered a bit. But a good downtown location, and worth the trip if it's not packed to the gills.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went to Kitty Hoynes Tonight. I ordered Oysters. The staff said they were not comfortable serving them, I ordered Irish Meat Loaf, They were out, I ordered, Crem Brulee Cheese Cake, they just sold the last piece. I ordered a different meal than what I wanted and had a good meal (as always), but the waitress appologized, the manager appologized and the owner came over to appologize. They picked up the whole tab and gave me a coupon for a free meal. Will I go back - YOU BET, will I recommend Kitty Hoynes to others - Absolutley!