“A solid, friendly place to eat”

Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 693 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We celebrated a birthday last week and once again chose Kitty Hoynes from all of the many restaurants in Armory Square. We were not disappointed. The food is thoughtfully prepared, the service is professional and the ambience is low-key, quiet and conducive to enjoying a meal.

1  Thank Arnold P

Reviewed December 3, 2013

my wife and I decide to give Kitty Hoynes a try for a meal before going to a show at the Landmark theater and are we glad we did! We were seated at a very nice table in the back (away from the noisy bar area) and given menus immediately. Our server, Emily, was very friendly, and took our drink and food order promptly. Our appetizer (delicious chicken wings) came quickly and as we finished that, our meal was served. I had a club sandwich (not on the menu but the chef agreed to make), and truthfully it was the best I've EVER had! My wife thoroughly enjoyed the flank steak sandwich w/mashed potatoes, and we were so impressed with the meal that we decided to have dessert, which we almost never do in a restaurant. Again, we were not disappointed - it was fantastic! Other than waiting a bit too long for dessert it was a perfect meal! We will definitely be back the next time we visit Syracuse.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stopped in while traveling through Syracuse and recommendation from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives!! Wonderful service and great food! The staff and chef was willing to custom make a gluten-free order. We tried to stuffed potato skins and curry fries for appetizers, followed by meatloaf and back bacon and cabbage, washed down with a pint of Harps!! Excellent from start to finish!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great Irish comfort food on a snowy November evening. As noted by others, the pub is really crowded but the wait for a table in the restaurant in back was only about 30 minutes. Lively live music (volume was fine in the restaurant). Highly recommend the meatloaf and the "cannonballs" as featured on "Triple D".

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I stopped in after a long drive to Syracuse from Ottawa for some drinks and appetizers on a Friday. When we arrived the place was packed wall to wall with roudy people and we thought we would never get a table. Turns out thats the pub and the restaurant is through a doorway. We got a table right away.

I enjoyed the selection of local draft beer on tap. I am a beer lover and I always like to try the local beers when I'm visiting somewhere. The wings were excellent. I've had wings in lots of restaurants and I really enjoyed these ones. We had the buffalo hot wings. Be sure to try the Irish Cannonballs! These are very interesting and delicious. My wife saw them featured on the food network which is why she wanted to go to Kitty Hoynes in the first place.

I wish I could have eaten a full meal there. Everyone's main courses sitting at other tables looked so delicious. Next trip to Syracuse we will definitely be eating supper there!