“dinner before the theater”

Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Bar, American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oneida, New York
“dinner before the theater”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

my wife and I decide to give Kitty Hoynes a try for a meal before going to a show at the Landmark theater and are we glad we did! We were seated at a very nice table in the back (away from the noisy bar area) and given menus immediately. Our server, Emily, was very friendly, and took our drink and food order promptly. Our appetizer (delicious chicken wings) came quickly and as we finished that, our meal was served. I had a club sandwich (not on the menu but the chef agreed to make), and truthfully it was the best I've EVER had! My wife thoroughly enjoyed the flank steak sandwich w/mashed potatoes, and we were so impressed with the meal that we decided to have dessert, which we almost never do in a restaurant. Again, we were not disappointed - it was fantastic! Other than waiting a bit too long for dessert it was a perfect meal! We will definitely be back the next time we visit Syracuse.

Visited November 2013

New York
“Great Food, Authentic Pub!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We stopped in while traveling through Syracuse and recommendation from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives!! Wonderful service and great food! The staff and chef was willing to custom make a gluten-free order. We tried to stuffed potato skins and curry fries for appetizers, followed by meatloaf and back bacon and cabbage, washed down with a pint of Harps!! Excellent from start to finish!

Visited November 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Crowded, boisterous, good food, good music!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great Irish comfort food on a snowy November evening. As noted by others, the pub is really crowded but the wait for a table in the restaurant in back was only about 30 minutes. Lively live music (volume was fine in the restaurant). Highly recommend the meatloaf and the "cannonballs" as featured on "Triple D".

Ottawa, Canada
“Great Appetizers”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I stopped in after a long drive to Syracuse from Ottawa for some drinks and appetizers on a Friday. When we arrived the place was packed wall to wall with roudy people and we thought we would never get a table. Turns out thats the pub and the restaurant is through a doorway. We got a table right away.

I enjoyed the selection of local draft beer on tap. I am a beer lover and I always like to try the local beers when I'm visiting somewhere. The wings were excellent. I've had wings in lots of restaurants and I really enjoyed these ones. We had the buffalo hot wings. Be sure to try the Irish Cannonballs! These are very interesting and delicious. My wife saw them featured on the food network which is why she wanted to go to Kitty Hoynes in the first place.

I wish I could have eaten a full meal there. Everyone's main courses sitting at other tables looked so delicious. Next trip to Syracuse we will definitely be eating supper there!

Olathe, Kansas, United States
“Irish Pub of Choice for Syracuse”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

While Visiting Syracuse NY on Business my associates and I thought we would give Kitty Hoynes (http://www.kittyhoynes.com/) a shot. The name intrigued us, the beer, and spirits brought us in, and the food filled us up. The staff was great to work with, small town, close knit feel, and the beers and spirits were excellent. I tried an apple bourbon on the rocks, and it was really good. We all happened to have the special (Cheesburger and fries) and the food was good, although not very Irish. Prices were very affordable. I would recommend a stop in if you are in the area.. Just across the street from the new Marriott Courtyard hotel.