“Armory Square Find”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you like Irish pubs, you'll really enjoy Kitty Hoyne's. We started a recent family vacation with dinner (for two couples) plus Trivia Night. Although we were mighty, we went down to defeat. But we enjoyed ourselves so much we returned later in the week for another meal. The beer-list is actually better than what you find in most pubs in Ireland, since craft-brewing is still a fledgling business over there. At Kitty Hoyne's they draw an excellent pint of Guinness, but have a number of local and not-so-local brews on tap. The Irish cannonballs are, as reported, excellent, and the staff engaging. They treated us to a round of Irish Cream liqueur shots (Brady's, new competition for Bailey's apparently). Since the pub-owner is a Kilkenny man, the decor includes not only traditional Irish pieces but more up-to-date items as well, like the framed photo of the victorious 2012 Kilkenny junior team (Gaelic football). Well done, lads, and well done, Kitty Hoyne's.

1  Thank Regina D
There are newer reviews for Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2013

OK, first off - I'm Irish, and have never known the Irish to be great cooks.... I loved this place. I had the Irish cannonballs (which I think I'm going to spend the next year, trying to replicate) and the bangers and mash. Both were outstanding. Great beer selections. Wonderful entertainment.

1  Thank cmr57
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We didn't have a meal there,but it is a beautiful place. A nice crowd, great bar and the best Irish coffee I have ever had. They also had live music! The place was full of energy! Hope to try the food next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I went there after a day of shopping after seing this on diners, drive-ins and dives and it did not disapoint! The waiting stafg was very cheerful, smiling and happy to help, our waiter was amazing, not bugging us too much but only at perfect times. We had the rubben fritters whoch were divine, she had the fish'n'chips, the fish was perfectly cooked and the batter was soooop crispy! I had the bangers and mash, the sausage was so moist and had a great snap, the mashed were fluffy and buttery, there was also an onion gravy/au jus which was perfectly well seasonned. Will definately recommend and go back next time I go to syracuse or that area!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The service at this bar was good, and the atmosphere was pleasant for an early Saturday evening. We stopped in with our 2 year old and had dinner here and were impressed by the hospitality of the bar staff and how we were accommodated - they even played a request for the little guy - but as good as they were, the quality of the food was far superior. My wife had a traditional fish and chips which she enjoyed, but I had the baked haddock which was out of this world. Highly recommended, I've eaten at quite a few pubs, and eaten lots of fish, but this was done to perfection. If we are back in Syracuse we'll drop by again.