“A great restaurant connected to a busy pub.”

Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Bar, American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, MN
“A great restaurant connected to a busy pub.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family enjoyed dinner at Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant while in Syracuse. The entrance is through the pub which was busy and loud. Fortunately, the restaurant is through a few doors and is quiet and comfortable.
Many very nice Irish dishes are available on the menu. Our table ordered a Shepherd's Pie, a Filet, an Irish Corned Beef sandwich and the Irish Meatloaf. The steak was cooked perfectly and was tasty and juicy. The Shepherd's Pie was one of the best we've ever tasted. The sandwich was pretty good but almost had a beef jerky flavor. The Irish Meatloaf was a huge portion but rich and heavy. Too large to finish in a single sitting. No room for dessert but perhaps next time.
Prices were from $9 for the sandwich to mid 20's for the steak. A good value due to the quality and portions.

• Visited March 2013

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Exceptional food, Exceptional service, Exceptional experience!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was in Syracuse to visit my cousin and made a point to visit this little gem. We of course ordered the Reuben fritters were probably one of the best things i've ever eaten. They were simply amazing! Loved that they also had Magner's Irish Hard Cider as you can't normally find that. Our waiter was wonderful and Schmoozed us all into giving him a good tip but he deserved it! Didn't realize the owners were from KilKenney which made it even cooler. When I asked my waiter what a certain word in Gaelic meant he had the owners write it on my "To-Go" box. Exceptional food, exceptional service, and an exceptional experience!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Cutiepet2tie
Horseheads, New York
“Irish Experience at its Best.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was in Syracuse for and appointment. Decided to eat in downtown area called Armory Square. Very nice area for shopping and eating. Can't wait to go back again. Because of my Irish ancestry I looked for a Irish Restaurant and it was very easy. I found Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub and Restaurant and I am glad I did. The experience was excellent. The menu was loaded with plenty of traditional Irish Pub & Restaurant offerings. The decor was very interesting and pleasant to look at. I had a specialty called Irish Meatloaf. It was featured in Diners, Drive-in's, and Dives on the Food Network show. My had a salad made to order just for her. Wish I could be there for Saint Patrick's Day.
I would recommend it to anyone for the experience.

• Visited March 2013
se ct
“This was fun with daughter & college friends”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I opted to hit Kitty Hoynes - I have to be honest - after I caught Triple D and saw the "Irish Cannonballs," aka Reuben Fritters. They sounded like something well worth trying, and any menu with these had to be at least a little fun and interesting. Well, it was partly true.

The place is cute and the scotch and whiskey lists more than adequate. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, for the most part. The food was fine. Nothing outstanding, except, of course, the cannonballs. My husband's fish and chips were "fine" ... That was sort of the prevailing statement. My lamb stew was okay. The lamb was VERY well cooked as far as the basic prep, but the salt level in the dish was borderline offensive. It actually seriously detracted from what would otherwise have been a wonderful dish.

I'm not sure if the crab dip went mostly uneaten because we were eating the cannonballs, or because the chips were too bland or again, the dip was a little too salty. It was just okay.

If you're going for a bar dinner, this is good but not great. Service was good, scotch sour needs more kick. That said, you want to chill with a beer and great appetizer, stop in for the Reuben Fritters - you will not be disappointed.

Wilmington, NC
“Great Irish Pub”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been here in years but was in town on business so it was a must stop. Great atmosphere and friendly service. They were rubbing a monthly price fix menu with a choice of appetizers, entree and dessert. I ordered the broccoli and cheddar soup, Irish steak and cheesecake dessert. All were very good although the potatoes came out Luke warm. A few pints of Guinness topped off the meal. Only wished my favorite Irish band, Old Friends were playing that night. If you love Ireland than this is a pub you must visit.