“Service Lacking, Food Consistent”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #233 of 708 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stopped in to catch a quick dinner of Appetizers before a movie. We let our server know as we sat down that we had somewhere to be and if she could be as quick as possible with everything we'd appreciate it. We ordered 3 appetizers and they came out decently quickly. However the drink we ordered before ordering the food didn't come until we'd half eaten our food, and only after reminding her we'd ordered it. We also had requested the check when she finally dropped off the drink. I'd had my credit card in hand when she returned with the check, but she left so fast I couldn't hand her the folder. We finished eating and one of us actually had to go looking for her to pay. She was at the hostess stand chatting with another server about their plans for that night. I couldn't believe it when he came back and told me that. I put the cash tipped we'd put on the table for her back in my wallet and brought the book and card up to the hostess stand for her to process. We stood by the front door, coats already on waiting for her return.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This restaurant needs major updating. It's old and run-down. It needs a major cleaning / over-haul. I felt uncomfortable when I sat down. the restaurant had a musty smell to it and just seemed old. The food was ok and the service was fine. I would not go back to this location.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Friday night and it was very busy. We were seated immediately and a waiter came within a few minutes. He was polite, pleasant and knowledgeable of their extensive menu. Dinner was piping hot and lots of food. We would go back here again in a minute.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We've eaten here quite a few times and have been quite pleased with the food, especially the lobster, which most restaurants in this area don't have on their menus. Special kudos go to the staff, all of whom are exceptionally warm, friendly, and accomodating. When you come for lunch they always ask if you're pressed for time, a great service that allows me to order a lobster dinner and know I'll be on time for an appointment. If I'm not in a hurry I can enjoy a relaxing lunch with attentive service. All in all I always look forward to dining here.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although a chain restaurant, it has a great selection of food, as well as the best biscuits in the known world!