“Great Food, Great Price”

Angotti's Family Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 703 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
A TripAdvisor Member
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed June 13, 2005

I took my girlfriend here for dinner the other week. The waitstaff was excellent, the meal was reasonably priced and the portions were more than ample(I had Lasagna, I am a GREAT eater, and it fed me for two nights).
I am a fan of anchovies, but to warn you, they do come on the antipasto salad(I'm sure you can request them without.) If four people are eating, get the order for two. Two people eating, get the individual, it's very large.
Here's what we ordered:
1 Appetizer
2 Entrees
4 glasses of wine(2 each)
2 Desserts
2 Coffees
1 quart of sauce to take home, which is perfectly made by them, mildly sweet, with NO heartburn causing acidity.

In conclusion, if you are on a first date it won't break you, your date will be impressed. Fixed income? Great choice. It's enjoyable as it is affordable, and you'd spend a heck of a lot more at a pseudo italian restaurant like "The Olive Garden" for the same stuff(Which isnt HALF as good. The ambience is dictated by a lively(but not boorish) crowd, and Mr. Angotti runs the floor with a very nice patriarchal Italian flair. They are closed for 3 weeks in July, so make sure to call. They take off to the old country to see relatives.

No reservations are made unless you have a table for 6 or more. I find it slows down nicely after 7PM so if you are single, without kids(who are ALWAYS welcome) come later for a more quiet atmosphere. Come earlier for the family atmosphere. Salut!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 1, 2005

Angotti's is excellent at what it tries to do. An old friend first took us to Angotti's after we were unable to get a table at Aunt Josie's. Angotti's is a traditional "red sauce" neighborhood Italian restaurant and pizzeria, off the beaten track and complete with murals of various scenes of Italian cities and locales in the main dining room. I call it basic, unpretentious, and chaming, though a snob might call it tacky. Of course, they serve chianti in basket-bottomed bottles. I've usually been seated by Mr Angotti who is also directing traffic and keeping everyone in motion. It could be Syracuse's version of Billy Joel's (scenes from an) Italian Restaurant. The place does not take reservations and there is usually a line at dinnertime, so go early. I have been back to Angotti's every time I've been through Syracuse, perhaps 6 times, at least twice with the family. There are several enticing main dishes on the menu but I always seem to order linguine and white clam sauce. It is served in an oval platter and there are so many chopped clams you can only see the pasta around the rim. The sauce has a flavor that is near-excellent to start, and grows as you plow through it. The pizza is excellent for pies that are baked in commecial ovens (not coal or brick). There are pasta specials including a 3 cheese sauce (not an Alfredo) that my 14 year old son loved. It is not often that one plate of pasta (or anything else) fills up a hollow-legged teenage boy. Everything is of good to near-excellent quality by any standards. And the place is remarkably cheap - main dishes all under $10, even specials. There are much more expensive, fine dining places in Syracuse, but if you like solid Italian comfort food, you'll return to Angotti's.

3  Thank Lman-NY