“Excellent food & portions, BUT......I feel swindled!!”

DiBello's Family Restaurant
Ranked #361 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Syracuse, New York
“Excellent food & portions, BUT......I feel swindled!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We took out of town company to DiBello's for dinner. Went early, place was empty except 1 other table when we arrived. 4 adults, 1 tween, 1 toddler. We all, except 1 & toddler, ordered off the earlybird menu & didn't open the regular menu. I should have been clued in when she didn't mention that ranch cost extra when we ordered the salad dressing. I did know, but if you are going to charge for 1 dressing, you should own up & let people know when they order that the dressing you choose is not included with the salad, but all other dressings are! We ate a great meal & our company paid the bill. Didn't think about it at the time as the toddler was getting restless & this place is small, small, SMALL. (Did I mention small?) They had a few more tables now & toddler was getting loud, so we just paid distractedly & left. We were not able to recreate later why the bill was almost $20 more than it should have been.....we tipped 20% on bill. Just now, my husband (who was the one that looked at the regular menu realized that there was small print about gratuity added to party of 6 at their discretion, but he didn't think we'd count with 2 kids. We handed money to waitress, who didn't say A WORD!! REALLY?!?! You think you were worth almost a $40 tip? Just left a BAD taste & really ruined the restaurant for us.....we will NOT be going back!

1 Thank Em A

Amelia Island, Florida
“Go for the Pizza and wings! Not the ambiance”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This place has zero atmosphere but some of the best pizza and wings in town. The wings are crispy and not oozing in sauce. The pizza is very good, with a great crust. Don't go for a date or special event, but one of the best if you are hungry for wings and a slice.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Bob S
Syracuse, NY
“Waste of time...”
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I placed an order for delivery - and then they never delivered. I can't rate the food. But the service and follow-up was terrible. Apparently, it is my responsibility to confirm their location relative to mine and provide directions. (a 12 minute drive according to google maps)

Needless to say, 2 hours later I finally received my pizza....which I ordered from somewhere else.

3 Thank thinkfast