“worst dining experience EVER”
Review of Saratoga Steaks & Seafood - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tecumseh Road
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Every year my brother , sisters and spouses go to dinner for our Christmas gift to each other. We have been to Saratoga Steak before but it has been a while. I knew of the fireplace and thought it would be cozy so I picked there. Requested a fireplace seat and had reservations. Could not have been farther away from the fireplace.. Yes we were seated fast. Started to become suspicious when we did not get water for 15 Minuets. Appitizers were brought whenever. The shrimp was tough and Quasidillas awful. 2 People did not ever get their salad. My husband had to ask the bus boy to get his soup which never came w/ the appitizers. We seriously thought of walking out. My inlaw had to get his own drink. The water dissappeared and never came back. Everyone was anxious to hear the problems but no one said anything. The new water we got never said a word to us. Not even when we asked where our food was after 2 hours. When the food came 2 orders were wrong. At that time my inlaw asked to talk to a manager. The manager said there was a new staff and a large party. My brother in law , owning a buisness, said it could have been handled better if they just kept us updated and kept bringing us bread and drinks. Never seeing a staff member was infuriating. The manager did give us gift cards to come back but I will give them to the bus driver or some other poor sole for christmas, Maybe it would be fine for lnch. The man at the table behind us got up and said O.K now lets go to BurgerKIng for a real meal. He said he was ready to complain but we beat him to it. It's too bad this was our Christmas dinner.Should have known to check trip advisor first.

1  Thank ajknight
There are newer reviews for Saratoga Steaks & Seafood

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We haven't been to Saratoga Steaks & Seafood in about 1 year and decided to join another couple there for dinner this past Saturday. Wow - What a difference a year makes.Chef Ramsey would have had a field day. :-) We were seated rather quickly, but it went down hill from there. One person in our party ordered the Seafood Rossotto only to be told they no longer make it because it "takes too long". Might want to take it off the menu then! My husband and the LM order the Porterhouse Steak while, JM and I ordered French Onion Soup and their Caesar Salad.
For those of you who have been there before, you know that there are no less than 5 servers who attend your table. Too bad we didn't see one after our horrible meal was delivered. No one came over to ask if everything was okay, no one asked if we needed anything else, no one to refill over beverages...we had to flag down a bus boy to ask for a server so we could get a refill on beverages. He took my husbands re-order but did not ask if the rest of us cared for anything.

The meals - Well, I have never in my life had upside down French Onion Soup. When it was served, I asked where the cheese was and was told "it must be on the bottom" -- that's were it was and the crouton on top was burned beyond recognition.

The Porterhouse Steaks...my husband has never, in his life, complained about a steak, but this time he did. Both his and LM's were shoe leather tough! Again we flagged down a server, who was told of the issue of the steak and he offered to replace it. My husband said "no thanks" but LM took a replacement, only to have his dish taken away by another server before he was finished. He was never asked if he was done with his meal!!!

JM and I have NEVER had a 'Classic Caesar' salad that was made with diced tomotoes and romaine swimming in some sort of house made runny / oily caesar dressing w/ a strange seasoning taste. We had to ask what was in it that gave it a strange taste and was informed parsley! Reallly ?!?!?! Oh yes, let me mention, I had the 'Chicken' Caesar. The chicken was dry and burnt too. Oh well, live and learn, but not again.

4  Thank Ree103
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A great place to have burgers or soup in from of the open fire place on a chilly evening. We often go there as a family of four for a quick bite-great and consistent wait staff. Nothing fancy--but comfortable--walkable or a quick drive from Dewitt or University neighborhood

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It's been a long time since I've been to Saratoga Steaks. I went last night with 2 friends. It was a beautiful evening so we sat at one of the three tables outside. Service was friendly and professional. We started with the homemade fried mozzarella appetizer. It was lightly fried and served with marinara sauce - very good. We each ordered the New York Strip steak and each ordered it cooked to a different temperature. All 3 were exactly right and delicious One friend commented that it was the largest New York Strip she has ever had. Peanut butter pie was heavenly. As we often do, we brought our own wine and paid the $5.00 corkage fee. I did look at the wine list and saw some very nice selections.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Visit this restaurant quite frequently. There is new management and haven't been there since they have changed the menu. Overall it has been quite affordable and they offer discounted coupons on-line. Food has always been excellent.