“Good food”

Munjed's Middle Eastern Cafe
Ranked #405 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the Middle of Syracuse's iconic Westcott Nation , Serving the best in homemade Middle eastern & Greek food since 1984. We have expaned to have a full bar , 6 Tv to watch your and our favorite Syracuse University Sports ! Serving Vegan & Gluten free items on our Menu. And useing our dance floor and stage all weekend long to entertain .We now host PAINTNITE SYRACUSE every wed, like our facebook page for events Thur Trivia at 7:30 always looking for new teams , Fri and sat Belly dance scheduled ( please like our facebook page for exact times and days ) also local musicians playing on our stage
Upstate NY
“Good food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

For being the first and only middle eastern restaurant I've been to so far, I have nothing to compare it with but I'd say the food is pretty decent, and plentiful. Friendly waitstaff, nice music. Only thing I'd say against it is it is always dark inside, day or night..enough to give it a depressive air, and the seats are dingy.

• Visited July 2013

Rochester, New York
“Hits and Misses”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We've been going to Munjed's for years. On our last visit, we experienced very good food as always, friendly but incredibly slow service, and an appallingly filthy bathroom. Which begs the question: If they allow the bathroom -- a public space -- to look that awful, what must the kitchen look like?

• Visited February 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Healthy and good”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Everything is made fresh daily....and it's delicious. Owner is warm and friendly and it's got a nice vibe to it.

Visited March 2013
Syracuse, New York
“A wonderful experience!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Greek/Middle Eastern restaurant is flawless. The small, cozy room is well decorated and soft middle eastern music lulls the patrons into a peaceful ambiance that sets the perfect stage for the transporting experience of the food. I think the mousaka is the best to be found in Syracuse and the hummus is second to none. The charred pita, falafel and spanikopita are reliable enough to take out of towners, fussy friends and Greek relatives with confidence. I loved the meal - and I suspect anyone - even non-fans - will find the tastes and smells exhilarating and satisfying. We're believers!

• Visited November 2012
Kaysville, Utah
“I crave it!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

There aren't a lot of reasons I can come up with that really make me want to go back and visit Syracuse, but a Munjeds greek salad will becon me every time. It's fresh, full of flavor, and huge. This is no side salad. It's a MEAL! The people there are great, the wescott area is a fun little nook and the food is yummy! Check them out!

• Visited November 2011