“Great Pub”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went here with friends. This was my first visit to Coleman’s. I will definitely go back.

They have a good selection of beer. They have my favorite Irish ale – Smithwick. We had different dishes for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their food. I had the Open Faced Reuben. 1 friend had the meatloaf. The others had fish and chips. I recommend each of these. My local friends said that everything that they have eaten here is good.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Coleman's Irish Pub and Restaurant was a truly Irish experience (or as near to one as you would imagine it should be). There was a special phone booth and entrance door just for leprechauns. The décor was dark wood and lots of stained glass and pictures of Ireland and Irish personalities. The food was good and the service was wonderful. We very much enjoyed our lunchtime experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Family own restaurant with amazing food and lots of it! My husband was in a food coma when we left... We have a 3 and 5 yr old and the kids meals are even huge... We could have just ordered 1 for them to share... Food was excellent and came out fast! Everything is homemade. We will be back for sure! Prices are very reasonable...

1  Thank DEOZO
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate at Coleman's one day during the early afternoon. Somewhere between lunch and dinner. Upon entering we were cheerfully greeted and seated by a pleasant young lady. Our waiter appeared a few minutes later and took our drink order, a glass of Saranac wheat/blueberry beer and a black & tan. Both were good, although neither was overly chilled.

For our meals we had the chicken pot pie and the bangers & mashed potatoes. The chicken pot pie was very good, loaded with chicken and vegetables. Now, I have eaten bangers & mash at a number of other Irish pubs and restaurants. I have had very good and have had some not-so-good. Unfortunately, the bangers and mash I had at Coleman's were at the lower end of the scale. Bangers are not an item that say wow. But these sausage were less than bland as well as being very dry as though they had been sitting too long. I had asked for and received a portion of horseradish and this was the only thing that saved this dish. The potatoes were served lumpy, which is nice, but were equal in blandness to the sausage. As mentioned, having had bangers & mash at other places I have had it (most times) with a third item on the plate. Either a serving of a vegetable or a small salad. Not here, the sausage and the potatoes was it.

On our way out, we stopped at the small gift shop. After looking for a few minutes we exited and said goodbye to the new greeter (not the same young lady who seated us) working at the front door. This young lady must have been having a really poor day. My wife said "have a nice day" and the lady just glared. I then said "have a good evening" she glared momentarily and then turned her head. And this is considered part of the hospitality industry?

We will visit again, possibly try some different entrees. Coleman's has become somewhat of an area attraction with various events occurring during the year, especially around Saint Patrick's Day. Hopefully the owners have not given up on the quality of the food they serve.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

we actually stopped here on a Sunday after a trip to the zoo. beer is always good, music was a bonus, and pub food is fine--not gourmet but what you want with a beer.