“Best BBQ Up North!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a great find this place is! We were in northern NY State for my college reunion and I had read reviews about this restaurant on the TripAdvisor website. I took my wife here on a Thursday afternoon.

We selected the meal for 2 and it did not disappoint. The ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender and the BBQ sauce selection was plentiful. The sides and dessert were nothing short of amazing. We must have gone at a good time because we were seated right away. Our waiter Ryan was very cool and knowledgeable about the food and the region. He gave us some great suggestions for sightseeing in the area.

If you like BBQ and are in the Syracuse area, you should not miss this place. I'll be going back for sure next time I am there.

There are newer reviews for Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I've seen bottles of Dinosaur BBQ sauce for sale in my local super market for quite some time so when I learned I would get the opportunity to visit the actual restaurant, I was very excited. High expectations sometimes lead to disappointment when a place doesn't live up to the way you've built it up in your own mind. Dinosaur not only met my expectation, it blew them out of the water.

This was the best BBQ I have had. Best ribs, best sides, best BBQ atmosphere. Top to bottom, best BBQ meal I have had. When we arrived, the wait was about an hour. So what. There's a great bar, TVs, and friendly people. As an out-of-towner, it was pretty cool being in the "opposing team's" establishment and being treated like a guest. The beer selection was vast and delicious. Yes, it was a bit crowded but do you really want to walk into a place with two people sitting at a bar stool eating some bad food? I'll take busy, crowded, and a wait any day because that means that, like me, there are many other people there for what they believe to be a superior product. And oh man, was it superior! I look forward to going back to Dinosaur the next possible chance I get.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Met some friends and family here. The place is small and crowded. The food was great. Did not have to wait to long to be seated. Guess we got there at a good time because it filled up fast.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Looking for a place to eat on the drive from New York city to Toronto and after shopping at the Crossings Outlets in PA.

We actually wanted to check out a place down the street but it was closed so we ended up here. Great atmosphere. Lively, lots of people, great establishment. Had to wait 45 minutes for a table, but the barbecue was great.

Had the pork combo, pulled pork, ribs, and bbq pork. As well as some smoked beef, potatoes, slaw, etc.The meat just fell off the ribs.

They also have a GREAT selection of BBQ sauce at every table. Like 6 different kinds and lots of choices of hot sauce which they also sell. Not bad at all. Different sauce for each cut of meat.

Summary:
Good barbecue, great taste. Fair pricing. If you're stopping through town and want something to eat that's hearty, this is definitely the place. Caveat though is that I've never eaten at a proper southern BBQ joint, and the most BBQ places I've been too is one Rib Fest last summer, so my comparisons aren't a lot, but I thought this was very comparable.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The food was great however the inside looks a bit run down. They could use a little sprucing up. Almost makes you not want to eat there.