“Family visit”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Liked the food and the atmosphere of the place. Took me a while to get used to the dark light in the restaurant. Staff was friendly. Food was served pretty quick, too.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,311)

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Perfect BBQ dishes. We tried them all. All great. Smoky flavour. Fun place. Good live music. Attentive service. Good Beer. Heaven for the bbq lover.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am so hooked on this place! Dinosaur BBQ is one of the best places to enjoy BBQ in the area (regardless of which one you visit), and this was more of the same. They do great brisket, chicken, fish, or anything that comes out of the pit. Last night, I tried changing things up a bit and ordered a big chopped salad topped with BBQd chicken. The meat was so good that I asked if they'd share their secrets...which prompted a visit from the kitchen manager! She brought me out a bottle of marinade and a container of the dry rub they use. She instructed me in the 48-hour marinade process, which I can't wait to try myself.

Our table (four of us...big eaters!) also shared a plateful of their steamed shrimp, which were excellent, served in a Cajun seasoning with cocktail sauce. OMG, it was to die for!

I love this place, and you will too. It is worth a special trip into the city. (But beware - the parking lot across the street is now closed, so you'll have to park on the street. Bring your credit card or a bunch of quarters for the meter.)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travel to Syracuse often and have visited the dinosaur bar-b-que a few times, each time the food ordered was outstanding and as good as it gets. I have had the ribs, pull pork and chicken dishes all very good and each one I would order again. The place is very popular and fills ups quickly but the wait is usually not that long.

I had ribs at a famous place called Corkys in Memphis along with a few other rib places in Memphis, Dinosaur I would rate above them. The service is quick and the waitresses very friendly. Being close to syracuse university the place fills up quickly during the evening, even in the summer they always have a crowd.

Dinosaur bar-b-quee is somewhat of a tourist site being that it was voted number one rib place in America a few yrs ago beating out rib places in other better known rib states.

all in all if you like ribs, pulls pork, chicken wings, fried green tomatoes this is the place. they also serve other selections but I have not tried them but will in future visits

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've eaten here many times. Their pulled pork and ribs are the best. I've eaten in many BBQ restaurants around the country. Even in the "supposed" BBQ states like Texas, Carolinas, don't compare.