“Why another Dino review?”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Ranked #4 of 703 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Why another review for the Dinosaur when there are already so many? We have lived here for all our lives and been lucky enough to visit many great restaurants over the years. We had not been here in awhile and stopped by for lunch this past Friday. To our surprise there were.....no changes! If it ain't broken don't try to fix it !!! Both our lunches were just as advertised and well prepared and presented just as we remembered. Lunch for 2 with sides and sodas under $30..... And no extra charge for the ambience. Still great after all these years....we will go back more often.

1  Thank JOHN e
Write a ReviewReviews (2,290)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went on a Saturday night, 45min wait for a table. We ended up getting a seat at the bar within 10 min. The beer was cold, the food was delicious, but about what I expected. The restaurant was fun, definetly a nice atmosphere. We will go back.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a Sunday afternoon for some BBQ and football...problem is they have 0 TVs at the bar and 2 in the dining area that can't be viewed from any of the tables. We could have overlooked this huge fault if the service had been good. But our waitress Jennifer was more concerned with sitting at the bar chatting with friends than providing prompt service. And to make matters much worse, it was freezing in the dining room. It was warmer in the back hallway to the bathroom and vestibule. We ate with our jackets on. In the end we only stayed for one drink and an appetizer then left to finish our afternoon meal elsewhere.

1  Thank foodcritics101
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have only been here once before a couple years ago and remember it as being hard to get a seat and having better than average grub. Although the place was full we only had about a five minute wait which was not bad. I started with a beer and got our appetizer order in quick. They offer Jumbo BBQ Chicken Wings (spice-rubbed, pit-smoked, then finished on the grill) served with bleu cheese dressing, celery sticks and a choice of sauce. We went with the combo of BBQ and Jerk wings ($14). There were 13 wings of mixed size. They had a nice but not overpowering smoke taste and were juicy. We also ordered Catfish Strips (Mississippi farm raised, cornmeal dusted, southern fried, with their spicy tartar sauce). The catfish strips were very good and left us wanting more! Our main course was the Pork & Brisket plate which included pulled Bar-B-Que pork and four slices of Texas beef brisket ($18). For our two sides we went with cole slaw and collards. The brisket slices were tender as was the pulled pork but not close to the best I have had. Of the two Dino sauces at table side I liked the hotter (peppery) one. The collards, made with turkey necks, was minced rather than traditionally cut. I didn’t like the texture and the taste was OK yet not over salted like most places. The cole slaw was too tart and made my eye go down every time I took a fork full! Lol! It also came with a small piece of cornbread which was very oily.

A comment that came from my wife was that the help didn’t look too happy here. I guess it may have been a long day. The place does do a lot of business and it is somewhat of a fast paced place. Total tab with tax and 18% tip was $52.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

the famous restaurant that began in Syracuse, here you will have some of the best BBQ that is as good as it gets anywhere in Texas even with a wide array of delicious sauces. It's been over 10 years since I last ate here and have to say that the portions have decreased in size as the prices have gone up, which was my only disappointment.