“Fantastic BBQ”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Ontario
“Fantastic BBQ”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal here at Dinosaur BBQ. We tried ribs, pulled pork, chili, brisket, chicken wings, beans and rice and, needless to say, we were stuffed and had leftovers to take home.

We loved the eclectic ambiance of the restaurant and the earthiness of the staff. These were some of the best ribs I have had anywhere. Next time we're in the area, we will be sure to eat here again!

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have eaten at the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Albany and Syracuse NY and both are delicious. I have loved everything I have gotten here. If you go in the evening, especially on the weekend, then you WILL be waiting at least 30 minutes to be seated. And then an additional 30 minutes to get your food. Besides the wait, the service is usually a little lacking, from my experience. There have been a number of times when I have sat for 15+ minutes with an empty drink. But, as I said, the food is fantastic and the atmosphere is fun. If you don't mind waiting and having the possibility of slow service, then give it a try - the food won't disappoint!

• Visited September 2013
Montebello, California
“No need to go to the south! Best BBQ is right here!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Yes. It is worth the hype. And the wait. This place is delicious! Three of us ordered different plates so we could sample the menu. The Ribs, Brisket, Chicken...Oh my! And the coleslaw. I want to book a trip back just to go back to this place! Try your ribs with a local draft beer. I would expect the service to be lacking since the food is so good but I was wrong. The service is just as wonderful as the food. You simply cannot go to Syracuse and not go here. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank E M
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The original”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have been fans for years, but had never been to the original. We used to eat at the outlet in Harlem when we lived in the city. Then while living in Stamford, CT they opened a location there. And of course we buy the sauce at the store..........this was a real treat going to the original. Definitely a "must do" if you like BBQ and are in town for any reason. We went on Saturday August 24 for early dinner and the place was jammed. It was move-in day for fall semester SU students. We only waited about 20 minutes for a table and service was efficient. Jezebel, our waitress was excellent. Of course the food was outstanding as well.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Larry W
“Original spot”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the original Dinosaur BBQ started In Syracuse. Went on a Sunday night and the place was non-stop. Service was very good and friendly. Fried green tomatoes were excellent, brisket tender if a bit fatty, ribs and cornbread good, coleslaw, bbq beans and chili great, mac and cheese a little dry. Have their cook book and their sauces in particular make it worth the purchase.

• Visited September 2013