“The brisket us unreal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Ranked #3 of 683 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The brisket us unreal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We went on the day that Cuse was playing the final four. Great atmosphere, cold beer and killer BBQ.

• Korean first
Philadelphia
“Great Sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stopped in Dinosaur for lunch after reading about it online. The restaurant was clean but dark and funky. The service was fast and friendly. I had the barbeque ribs with mac and cheese and collard greens. It was all good. The greens were a particular highlight. I liked the barbeque sauce (the original recipie) so much, I bought a bottle.

I'll be back!

Ottawa , Canada
“Maybe the next time - its Take out !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife & I are great B.B.Q. lovers and had heard much about the Dinosaur and also to expect a wait anytime on a weekend - Thinking we could at least make it a pleasant wait at best , we showed up at 5:20 PM on a Saturday. After fighting through the crowd to the Hostess , we were told it would be at least 90 minutes if not 2 hours to get a table !! And you either stand in a very crowded couple of rooms or right on top of someone else eating at their table for 2 hours..!!! Maybe time to expand the restaurant to accomodate the crowds that do show up. If we try it again - It will be take out only as if they cannot handle even the crowds that show up in March - Lord only know what it looks like in nicer warmer weather.

• Visited March 2013
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Coming from the south, we weren't sure the BBQ could stand up to our standards. But, it was great! My son had the pulled pig, which was excellent--he liked the hot sauce better than the original. I had a trio plate--ribs, pulled pig and sliced beef brisket. All were great, I was really impressed by the brisket--it is often tough or chewy if not done right. This brisket was tender with a great smoky flavor. They also had a wonderful assortment of sides from mac & cheese to a cucumber tomato salad to collards. The ones we had were great--my son finished my mac & cheese for me! The only minus was how crowded it was. Our table was right next to the bar, and we were constantly jostled by the bar patrons--would definitely recommend waiting for a booth by the windows!

Visited April 2013
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Absolutely Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

After reading about this restaurant on Trip Advisor, we just had to check it out. Wow was this place busy for a Wednesday night. Despite the place being packed on a Wednesday night, we really enjoyed our meal. Our server Erin was really pleasant and you could tell that she enjoyed working here. We had the house special which consisted of 1/4 chicken breast w/ wing, 1/4 rack of pork ribs, cornbread, fried and baked beans. TREMENDOUS. If you are a fan of BBQ ribs and chicken, this is a must visit while in Syracuse.

2 Thank PMedKing