“Best BBQ in NYS”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
“Best BBQ in NYS”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had another excellent meal at the Dinosaur BBQ.
The biker bar meets honky-tonk motif may seem kitschy, but don't let it dissuade you.
They don't accept reservations and, even on a Monday night, the place was packed.
They have almost 30 beers on tap, including several local brews, in the $4-$5 range for a large glass; plus all of the usual ones in bottles.
They have what is probably the best BBQ in NY. While our sides may vary, we always start with the cajun shrimp and chicken wings for appetizers. From there my wife has the salmon and I go for the pulled pork plate. Try a side of the mac & cheese, it is absolutely delicious.

• Korean first
Nassau, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Up and down”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The place was pretty cool, my wife couldn't take the smell though, obviously not into bar b que, but, pretty stinky, fried green tomatos were very tasty, wifes mac and cheese as well as my brisket sandwich came out cold and had to be returned. My sandwich a bit fatty and ok at best, my daughter had the ribs loved them, also the chili as a side was delicious. Mac and cheese had a nice bit to it, a little unexpected. Resonably priced. Packed as always so definitley as happenen place, overall I give it a 6 out of 10.

Westmoreland, NY
“Dinosaur's Never Disappoints!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Truly unique atmosphere and outstanding barbecue ... reasonably priced and we'll continue to return as often as possible. If you've never been, you're missing out on a great experience!

Visited February 2013
Binghamton NY
“LOVE IT”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The best place and awesome food.....Best ribs I've ever ate... I must go I!!!!!!! Go on the weekdays the weekend has a long wait, could be over 2 hrs....

Massachusetts
“Not for everyone”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went here for a corporate event, probably not the best choice for the event. A friend said she was glad I was with her otherwise she was afraid to go in and would have gone home, tough crowd here. We were in an upstairs room which was difficult to find and not what we expected but I somewhat blame the person planning the event.

The food was outstanding, ribs were great. Totally enjoyed the food part of the trip but not sure if I would ever return.