“Excellent ribs”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Canada
“Excellent ribs”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This second visit was another interesting experience. We headed down to this site about 4 o'clock on Friday afternoon mistakenly thinking like seniors that we'd avoid the rush. We were very mistaken as the place was already packed so we had about a noisy 20 minute wait at the bar (Happy Hour pricing til 7 pm!). Who would have ever thought? We then had the “Sweetheart Special”-a full rack of the famous ribs, with 4 sides we chose the excellent beans, home made fries, green salad, and the garlic mashed potatoes with gravy. This was a lot of food for two people-and we didn't eat all of the fries, garlic mashed.
We really enjoyed ourselves in spite of it feeling like a frantic early bird special. We purchased some of their house mustards and later, at a local grocery store, a sampler gift kit of consisting of three of the Dinosaur B-B-Q sauces (I prefer the Honey Garlic) and a rub.
So, if you love ribs, I really recommend this popular spot. Just be prepared to wait as theydon't take reservations.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“1/2 rack never fails!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been going here every time I come to Syracuse for over 10 years. The ribs are slow cooked with their proprietary dry rub that is second to none. Add little wango tango and devil’s duo and I am in heaven. There Mac and Cheese and daily veggie always are perfect sides. They also have a fantastic micro brew selection from relative locals like Southern Tier to Ithaca Brewing company. I have never had room for desert but I am sure that is great too.

• Visited November 2012
Southwestern US
“Lives up to its billing”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Rated very high by various web sites and foodies. I was expecting to be disappointed. Not. It was great food and I've been back every trip to Syracuse. Well done.

Visited March 2012
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
“OK BBQ”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed in Syracuse about two months ago for work. Ordered take-out from here one night. The food was decent. The joint was busy. I doubt this is the best that Syracuse can do for BBQ. (The 'biker' motif was a bit artificial). That said, when I return to Syracuse and can't find any other BBQ joints, I will then return here.

• Visited September 2012
New York
“Great ribs”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you like ribs and you're in Syracuse you will want to eat here. The ribs are always fall off the bone and tasty. The chicken barbecue is good too. Actually everything is good here. I have never had a bad meal. It is usually crowded and somewhat loud and they don't take reservations but if you want to kick back and enjoy a beer or two while you wait for a table the food is worth it.

Visited November 2012