“Very rude waitresses and over priced food.”

Erawan Thai Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 692 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I used to go here years ago. But they have new waitresses and they seemed to not even want to be there. They were very rude. And the prices they are charging now is just to much. The portions have gotten very small for the price they charge.

There are newer reviews for Erawan Thai Restaurant

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We tried this Thai restaurant for the first time and we had to wait at the door for a few minutes while the waitress finished her text. She stated she didn't see us, yet was leaning up against the counter, facing the door, texting in front of the other guests. The food came fast. So fast that I didn;t even get halfway through my soup. It was as if it was already made. I ordered something with celophane noodles and it was almost to the mush stage. Edible, yet borderline mush. I've never had it before, so I figured that's the way it was supposed to be. I ordered it medium spicy, but it wasn't spicy enough. My wife's plate had the spices on the side.Good idea. My soup was very good, but the chili paste, or red curry paste, not sure was in a lump at the bottom of the bowl. Didn't know I had to stir me own soup. Good taste.though. Would we visit again? Probably.Nothing fancy here, definitely not five star quality.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

There's nothing pretentious about Erawan Thai Restaurant. Casual, laid-back, child-friendly and family-run, Erawan offers some of the finest southeast Asian food in Central New York. Two House Specials, Pad Ped Pla (lightly fried fish sauteed in curry and coconut milk) and Ped Pad Kra Pow (stir-fried roasted duck) are absolutely sublime. Our child, a notoriously picky eater, loves the Tom Yum Googn soup and classic Pad Thai with Shrimp. Service is friendly and efficient. It's a popular place on weekends, but if you'd rather not wait for the crowds to thin out, just order take-out.

1  Thank Retrovirus
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Bland decor, bland food, bland watery sauces. This place is very popular, but I prefer any of the other Thai restaurants in the area.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a great take out style Thai restaurant. You can eat in or take out. We go here frequently and I love all of the dishes I have tried. They are also very knowledgable about gluten free options as well!