“Great steak, good service”
Review of Scotch 'n Sirloin

Scotch 'n Sirloin
Ranked #367 of 693 Restaurants in Syracuse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to this place for my 15 year old granddaughter's birthday. Five of us, two grand parents, two parents and the guest of honor. We all had steaks, done just as we ordered. Two very tender filets and three New York Strips. My nice sized strip was perfectly done and very tender. Salad and sweet potato fries were good. Service was excellent without being pushy. At no time did we feel rushed (5:30 Saturday night) nor did we feel forgotten. A nice selection of wines at reasonable prices. The espresso could have been stronger.
It is certainly a special occasion or expense account place. The bill for five, including at 7 glasses of wine between three of us, shared appetizers was over $200.00. But it was worth it.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love their fireside lounge and bistro- this is a great spot to be when it is snowing and the weather is gross because it is warm and inviting. The bistro has a great tapas style menu with dishes perfect for sharing. The food and drink menu are seasonal, but if they have the roasted beets on the menu I always make sure to order them. It is a mix of roasted purple and orange beets served with goat cheese and garnished with crispy beet chips.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Arrived at 5PM and was told restaurant was out of prime rib. Out of prime rib at 5PM when the restaurant opens at 5PM! Opted for NY strip which was tough and had grizzle. Salad was mediocre. Service was terrble.Prices were very high. Quality of food was bad. When asked to talk to manager,a waiter was sent over instead of manager. Did not explain or answer questions about prime rib absence.. I will NEVER go there again!

1  Thank nino724sfd
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We decided to have dinner on a Friday night in August 2012. We arrived at 7 PM and were seated almost immediately. My wife had a sirloin steak that she thought was ok. I ordered the bread crumb crusted tilapia fish, but I was very disappointed. I guess I assumed it was a normal bread crumb crust, but instead it was seasoned with a red spicy seasoning. It completely ruined the taste of the fish, even after scraping of the red crumbs. After reading all the reviews, we expected great food and a friendlier wait staff. The waiters were not personable at all. To top it off, one of the girls getting drinks for the tables was walking around with her hair dangling almost to her butt. As she walked by, we found a hair on our table that completely turned us off. We were shocked that management would allow that kind of service in such a crowded environment. We will not return

1  Thank RRanella
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Three of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal at the Scotch and Sirloin. We did not have any problems with the service (as some previous reviewers have), and we thought the food was really good. We really like the spicy calamari, the garlic vegetable of the day, the sweet potato fires and of course the steaks. I got a surf and turf combo and my scallops were fresh and delicious. The wine by the glass choices were good also.

Yes, the salad bar is a bit small but I think they dress it up with extras like real crumbled blue cheese, artichokes, beets, besides the regular stuff. Who really needs a giant salad bar when you have a steak on the way?

We would go back.