“Great food and atmosphere, just wish it was bigger”
Review of Alto Cinco

Alto Cinco
Ranked #25 of 687 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Pompey
“Great food and atmosphere, just wish it was bigger”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Food is fantastic. Love the specials. Wine selection is great. The decor is very appealing. The place is just so darn small.

• Visited December 2013

Canastota, New York
“My favorite in Syracuse”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I love Alto Cinco. I always alternate between two dishes but I know everything on menu must be good. My go to is the chicken enchilada with mole or the bbq tofu burrito(ask for mango salsa) My husband loves the jerk chicken tostada. It's a small restaurant so we always go at early dinner late lunch time to guarantee a table. Staff is always friendly too.

• Visited February 2014
Syracuse, New York
“Delicious food meets boho cool.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

You need to dine here. Positively delicious and remarkably consistent.
Brace yourself. Perpetually crowded. Squeeze in. You won't want to leave. Great professional service, warm and no attitude.

• Visited November 2013
New York
“Great/Healthy Food Option”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Small, intimate (though soon to be expanding in size), unique eatery. Very friendly staff who appear to enjoy their job. Great selection of food options for both the carnivore and vegan/vegetarian followers. Have eaten here numerous times and the food has been consistently top notch. Love their Frisco burrito and black bean soup. My wife loves their chicken tostadas. Warning -- due to the popularity of this place be prepared to wait for a table during peak dining hours. Would highly recommend this place based on the quality of the food and options available. This is one of my regular stops when I go to Syracuse which is an approximate 45 minute drive.

• Visited February 2014
Bangor, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food, great vibe.”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Visiting Syracuse for the day, I found myself needing to find dinner at 9PM. I was worried that my options might be limited to Dennys or a hotel lounge. I needn't have worried. This place stays open til 1 or 2AM. And, it's really great!

I was traveling alone and ate at the bar. I was greeted warmly by the bartender. Everyone was very friendly. They've got a great selection of local craft brews. I've been trying to eat more vegetarian lately, and it's easy here. They've got nightly specials that you can check out on their Facebook page. Many good looking seafood options. The black bean soup was especially fantastic - it had a kick, which was welcome, given the outside temp of -6 degrees.

Portions were generous - I didn't have a prayer of finishing my Frisco Burrito (beans, rice, guac, spinach and also fantastic). The tab was really cheap. I'm so happy I found this place.

• Visited January 2014