“Syracuse yumminess”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Syracuse yumminess”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here once, and was sat in the back room, didn't give off the romantic feel we were going for but still enjoyed the meal. Second time we came, sat in side room wow makes a difference! Terrific atmosphere! I ordered lobster ravioli with the Alfredo sauce, it was amazing. Incredibly filling. My guests ordered lobster ravioli with the lemon cream sauce, she enjoyed it but liked my Alfredo better! And my other guest went for the safe meal of cheese ravioli With the bolognese sauce. The tomato oil that you get with bread at the beginning is also yummy. Our waiter Grant was charming and didn't mind that we were a little needy :) love this place!

Syracuse, New York
“Great food and experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The hot oil and stretch bread is amazing. The pasta dishes are great - not beyond any other good Italian restaurant - but definitely worth a visit. I personally prefer the homemade ravioli, meatballs, and the vodka sauce with penne.

• Visited March 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Fettuccine Alfredo lunch AWSOME”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was here for lunch in early march 2014 and was a little confused as it took me a minute to figure out it was cafeteria style as opposed to sit down. But once I got past that I chose the Fettuccine Alfredo and the pasta was very good but the sauce it was in was fabulous.

The motif of the place letting the exposed brick stand out industrial style lighting its very good. Highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
Syracuse, New York
“Consistently Good and Nice Ambience!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Pastabilities is a real gem in Armory Square! I have gone several times for both the casual lunch service and also the table service for dinner and have enjoyed it each time. It has an appealing, kind of "industrial chic" look with exposed brick and metal accents, and plenty of seating for the lunch and dinner crowd.

The lunch is cafeteria style, where you line up with your tray and utensils and get pick from a variety of daily specials and normal menu items like type of pasta and sauce. The Thai beef salad is really amazing - fresh and tangy, and the small portion is easily a full meal (IMO)! I usually also go for angelhair pasta with basil pesto and pine nuts, in a half-size serving. My husband claims he had a meatball sub here that was delicious, with huge meatballs... but I haven't seen it so I can't verify that!

Dinner is the normal sit-down service, with all the pastas and sauces from before. Bread with the spicy hot tomato oil is a classic starter, and honestly once you start dipping you will find yourself wiping the plate with the bread to get all that tomato-y goodness! It's not too overly spicy either, so a spice-phone like myself can still enjoy it and retain my tastebuds. We also enjoy the flatbread pizzas - the cherries were a really interesting and tart surprise with the salty and savory toppings.

All in all, Pastabilities is a great place for a quick lunch or to linger over dinner. The food is consistent and atmosphere nice. Go and check it out yourself!

Visited February 2014
Liverpool, New York
“Gluten free takes a half hour?”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Went there for the first time and saw the signs advertised for gluten free pasta. I even asked an employee about it and he said just wait in line and when it is your turn request the pasta. I waited in the lunch line for over a half hour and then stated I would like gluten free pasta because I have Celiac's disease. I was given a chuckle by the cook and he told me I would have to wait an additional 30 minutes for gluten free pasta. I told him I even asked "that guy" and pointed at him how to get gluten free pasta. He just said the guy didn't know what he was talking about and I should have walked to the front of the line, told them I wanted gluten free pasta and then gotten back in line. This was frustrating. I ended up stuck w a salad due to time constraints.

Pastabilities, Manager at Pastabilities, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Our apologies for the miscommunication and frustrating experience, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We have always had the gluten free penne readily available at dinner, but it generally does take a few extra minutes during lunch due to our cafeteria-style set up. However, requesting gluten free penne should add an additional 5 minutes and certainly not 30. Again, our apologies for this unusual delay and confusing communication. We will send you a private message to get more details about your experience to prevent any of our guests from having a similar experience.
**Effective immediately, in order to address this delay, we will be expediting any gluten free penne orders at lunch by keeping a separate pot of boiling water in our kitchen dedicated to gluten free pasta orders. This will minimize any additional time needed to prepare gluten free penne during lunch. The extra wait will be about 1-2 minutes.