“Delicious food with a cozy atmosphere”
Review of Pastabilities

Pastabilities
Ranked #2 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food with a cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I dined here on a Saturday night. We were told the wait would be an hour, but were seated in about 45 minutes. The place is beautifully decorated and I loved the additional Christmas decor. The decor, music, and dimmed lighting really brought an ambience and romantic feel to our dinner. Our waitress was sweet and attentive. The tomato hot oil and fresh bread were SO good. The fresh bread was good on its own, as well. We ordered side salads and they were very big. I didn't care much for my salad (Caesar), but that's not what I went there for. For our main course my husband ordered the spaghetti with meatballs and I had the spinach and feta cheese manicotti. My husband enjoyed his and I loved mine. So good! Wish we had this restaurant back home in Tennessee! Try it...you won't regret it!

• Visited December 2013

New Jersey
“Picky-Picky with the Wicky-Wicky”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been here once before and often buy their spicy tomato dipping oil across the street at Pasta’s Daily Bread when I am in town. The Italian stretch bread made at Pasta’s is served at the restaurant. The restaurant and bar were full so we had to wait about 15 minutes before being seated. Eventually we ended up all the way in the back-right of the rear dining area at a table for two that had two floor air conditioning vents blowing from the floor at us. We pointed this out to someone and they brought us a menu to through of top of each vent … touché, problem solved.

I was almost drooling in anticipation of the plate of dipping oil and Italian stretch bread. When it arrived I was disappointed because there wasn’t much sauce on the plate. Note if you want more sauce it will cost you $5. We did not have any appetizers and went right for the entrees. I went with the “Wicky-Wicky” Riggies (with meatballs) that were made with rigatoni, “spicy-spicy” tomato cream, and shredded Locatelli cheese ($17). My wife ordered the House-made Cheese Ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese, aged provolone, and finished with a house tomato sauce ($13). When our orders arrived my dish had chicken instead of meatballs. I pointed this out to the waitress and she said she would take care of it. My wife started with the raviolis and rated them as very good. They came with a thick, rick sauce that tended to lean toward sweet rather than tart which was nice. It didn’t take long for my dish to return and it appeared that the chicken was plucked out and the meatballs dropped in the middle of the dish. The riggies were tossed in the cream tomato sauce and finished with a significant amount of Locatelli cheese on top. After a couple bites I realized that the heat of the peppers in the sauce overpowered any dimension of taste. The two meatballs were made from finely ground meat which was a combination likely of beef, veal and maybe something else. Personally I did not like the texture or the taste to any large extent.

It was interesting that the service was average at best and when we left our waitress was more interested in conversing with another staff member that saying than you us, even when I took the initiative to say goodnight.

Also note that the wine prices shown on their menu was lower than the actual charge on our bill.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank MrOcho
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Pasta”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

There's usually quite a wait at this place, but it's definitely worth it. The staff is extremely attentive and helpful. The food is delicious! The pasta sauce that they give with the bread before the meal is great and one of my favorite things to get from this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
“Very nice and romantic”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Both of us were very impressed by this establishment. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. The service was the best I've seen in a long time! The wait staff was attentive in keeping out water glasses full, dirty dishes out of the way, and they made sure we enjoyed everything. The food was great and there was a lot of it. The dipping sauce for the bread was unique and delicious. The chicken riggies were a bit spicy, but overall good. The value of everything was good considering how much food you get! Can't wait to return!

Ottawa, Canada
“Pasta Perfection and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Had the most amazing duck bacon flatbread and our other meal was the eggplant lasagna. What amazing meals and this place is run so well. Great staff, friendly service, good drink and wine list it just goes on. We got to dinner at just before 5 p.m. on a Saturday night and the place got packed in just a few minutes. Get there early or be prepared to wait a little bit. Not a huge deal as this place has a good bar, but when it's busy you'll be sitting at the front door. Not to despair young Skywalker, the wait is worth it! Excellent restaurant.

Visited November 2013