“If you like pasta of any description, this is the place”
Review of Pastabilities

Pastabilities
Ranked #3 of 690 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Asheville, North Carolina
“If you like pasta of any description, this is the place”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ate here for lunch recently for the first time and I was very impressed. For lunch, they serve no-fuss cafeteria style. You walk through the line and select your main dish, salad, dessert, etc. and then pay at the register. I had the cold penne salad with spinach, walnuts and gorgonzola. YUM. The cucumber and tomato side salad was very good too. My lunch companion had the alfredo and said it was divine. Would definitely eat here again, over and over. Get there early. It is a very popular place, and the line was out the door and down the block.

bethesda, md
“Too long a wait for OK food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Granted it was a big SU weekend, but a 90 minute wait for food that takes only 20 mins tops to make at home (and better) was just unacceptable. Server was decent but slow and food nothing to rave about. Also for what it was, I felt it was quite overpriced - with no drinks, it came to 91$ for two salads and three entrees.
However, if you have a few college boys in tow the portions are huge and make for ample leftovers back in the dorm or their apartments. Entrees can easily be split in terms of size, not sure what the rule at the restaurant is.
Next time, I'll just make pasta, sauce and a protein for my son before we move him back to school- tastier and easier with no outrageous wait.

1 Thank tikidream
Gatineau, Canada
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We showed up at this gem of a restaurant around half past noon and it was almost full with a bit of a line up to get service at the lunchtime cafeteria-style counter. You choose your salad out of a choice of about 8-10 then your pasta type and then sauce and finally beverage. They have interesting specials such as the one I chose: Smoked shrimp & crab salad on toasted stretch bread.

Our timing couldn't have been better because as soon as we were seated the line up was out the door and onto the sidewalk and understandably so given the quality of the food we enjoyed

1 Thank Starick
Schenectady, New York
“HotTom.com”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We picked this spot based off its feature on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives - but I don't think it qualifies as any of the above. I was all set to try the broccoli, walnut, garlic and romano pasta dish, but when I fell in love w. the Spicy Hot Tomato Oil & stretch bread, there was no way I was not getting a red sauce! So I went for the Wicked Meatball Riggies which were delish! If u like duck & goat cheese the Duck Bacon Flatbread Pizza is phenom. Started w. antipasto & the offerings on the plate were top notch tasty.

Waiter was friendly & fun.

The cocktails & wine suggestions were great. And even on Sat night we had no trouble finding street parking. We did have to wait for a table - but that's expected.

1 Thank kaelap
Syracuse, New York
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I recommend you go for lunch---wonderful bistro seating--especially the in the back--cafe service--pasta is homemade and share your salad with friends--very big! Don't forget to grab one of there delicious cookies! Relaxing with great food! And a lot less expensive for lunch!!