“Incredible Pasta and Bread... what's in that sauce?”
Review of Pastabilities

Pastabilities
Ranked #3 of 693 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The whole place rocks! I went on a Wednesday and they had live music, the place was packed. No wonder, the food, the ambiance and the whole place was great! Mostly a young crowd but still upscale and professional.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant overall to be average. We walked in at 430 pm on a Friday night and were told rather bluntly by the manager, we don't seat for dinner until 5. Really?? Despite people sitting at the bar, I had to ask if the bar was open and if we could have a drink. Not the way to make a good impression.

The bread and hot tomato appetizer was very good but truly spicy. The calamari appetizer was huge and tender. We waited forever for the pasta we ordered. And we sat down when the restaurant opened! Hubby said his vodka sauce was just ok. My carbonara was cooked al dente and tasty. Our friend did not like his pasta with walnuts. Hubby had side of fried polenta which was good. Pastas overall were nothing really special. For dessert, great cappuccino and pot de creme. Best part of meal was the bread and dessert. Our server did remove the coffees from our bill given our long wait.

1  Thank rsakita
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Everything we ate here was amazing. From the wine to the Hot tomato oil and bread to the Duck Pizza. We were there on a very busy Saturday night and arrived early as they do not take reservations. We only had to wait about 10 minutes which wasn't bad. Our waitress was amazing and gave us a free second plate of the hot oil and bread as inhaled the first without even stopping to breathe. The Duck pizza was phenomenal. I have never had anything like it. A perfect blend of succulent flavors all rolled into one dish. What more can I say?

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to Pastabilities this past Friday night, and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We had hot, fresh appetizers, entrees were top notch, and we split a dessert. The experience was delightful from start to finish. Thank you to the crew for making each experience a positive one

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped in late on a Thursday night, seated in a booth across from the bar. Great selection of artisan beers, and nice selection of wines by the glass. As a starter, the server brings some "okay" Italian bread, plus a dipping sauce to die for. Presentation is on a salad plate, and I think the base layer was a pepper-infused oil, covered by a tangy marinara. Delicious.

My children both had the fettucini Alfredo, and raved about it. I tried the chicken riggies - chicken and rigatoni prepared in a style unique to central upstate New York. It was SUPERB: pasta al dente, delicious sauce, not overpowering at first, but 2/3 through the meal my tongue had a 12 alarm fire going. I was in heaven (but if you don't like spicy, be forewarned). The local IPA was just the trick to tamp the embers down.

Good service, nice vibe: not pretentious, but not overly casual either. The only things keeping me from giving the restaurant 5 stars were the prices (which I felt were $2-3 too high per entree) and the near-impossibility of finding parking.