“Many great memories”
Review of Pastabilities

Pastabilities
Ranked #2 of 684 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Many great memories”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I used to live in Syracuse and I always loved this place. It definitely has a big city vibe, bustling and cool atmosphere. I used to come here more for lunch and drinks. I had dinner here recently to a mixed review. I liked my dish, I ordered the tomato oil with rigatoni. My companions had linguini that seemed to be overcooked, the waitress said the pasta was fresh so that's just the way it is. She offered to replace so we accepted. Well it was pretty much the same. The meatballs, sauce were all good and so is the bread but honestly the menu isn't all that creative and leans more toward alfredo and cream sauces. However you can create your own pasta, like I did which is nice but seems a little down market to me. If you're looking for really good Southern Italian food, there are plenty of options in Syracuse. It's one of the great things about Syracuse and one of the things of my adopted town, Washington, DC that is lacking. Head to the North Side/Little Italy for a more authentic experience. Go to Pasta's for more of a downtown scene.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank jno2011

Syracuse
“Fun”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Enjoy food, wine and a crowd. Busy Busy! not the place to go if you need a place to talk. But great meal

• Visited April 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Great Sauce”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great bread with dipping marinara... serivce is average at best, however the food makes up for it. The dining room is comfy.

Visited August 2012
Montvale, New Jersey
“Italian for Hipsters (or people that like good food)”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We didn't know where we were going to eat. A couple that was in our shuttle were going here and after walking around Armory Square for a bit, we decided on Pastabilities. Good crowd and more importantly, without even sitting down it SMELLED DELICIOUS!

It was VERY busy in the back dining area when we were seated and although water and bread with their signature "spicy tomato oil" (to die for btw) was delivered quickly, it took quite awhile for our server to make her way over to us and take a drink order. Hey, it happens. I'm pretty darn flexible since I worked in food service fo a looooooong time. However, that also gives me insight as to if the service really is good. I will say for the most part it was. The wine suggestion for me ended up being fantastic.

We shared their Caesar salad (which has sundried tomatoes in it) that had homemade croutons that were like crack. I could have eaten a bowl of them. I was smitten with the spicy tomato oil sauce (I make something like this at home but admittedly not as good) so I decided to order it over angel hair. Not the best pasta choice. I should have gone with penne with this sauce. Oh well, you live and learn! That being said, it was definitely GOOD and what made it "meh" was my own fault. They put shredded Locatelli cheese on top - yum. The boyfriend ordered penne vodka with shrimp. I also make homemade vodka sauce so I'm always skeptical; I started making it at home after being disappointed at restaurants many times. THIS WAS THE BEST VODKA SAUCE EVER. Hands down. *waving white flag* Creamy, spicy, FANTASTIC. End of story.

All in all a fun place. Artsy, hipster wait staff, loud music, funky decor. Probably not for everyone but that's alright with me! Would definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2012
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lunch time meeting place”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great food, fast service, wonderful variety, prices are reasonable, parking can be challenging, worth the walk and besides you need the exercise after a filling lunch

Visited May 2012