“New and Nice location”

Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
“New and Nice location”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is only a few months new but is in a great location with restaurants and nice shops within walking distance. They offer valet parking and it was only 10. There's also garage parking as well. Staff was very friendly and helpful both at the registration desk and the cafe.

I would definitely book another stay here .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jim_Wefers, General Manager at Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that members of our team provided good service during your stay. Also, glad you enjoyed our location and the many wonderful restaurants and shops within walking distance. Look forward to your return.

Jim Wefers, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great hotel that just opened a few months ago and is connected to a Residence Inn. All new furnishings and everything is very clean. Rooms are nicely appointed and extra spacious. Nice sized fitness room, with a small pool adjacent. Staff are very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast in the Bistro is high quality. Two minuses - although the beds are new, they are on the cheap side and so not comfortable. Also, valet parking is the only option due to limited space in the garage, but the valets are quick to bring cars around. A real plus is the location - within walking distance of Armory Square where there are plenty of restaurants and pubs. If you want to stay downtown and be close to the night life, this is the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Courtyard Syracuse Downtown hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience including our spacious rooms and breakfast offering in the Bistro. We are happy to know that you found our location to be a plus among the wonderful Armory Square shops and restaurants.

Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I just checked out of this hotel, where I pre-paid for two rooms through Orbitz. When I got home, I found that they have re-billed my charge card for one of the rooms, and another $40 charge showed up on my statement. When I called the hotel a very condescending desk clerk said it was "standard practice" to charge anywhere between $20 and $80 dollars for "incidentals" to guests when they check in, which are then "reversed" within 24 hours after you check out. Though nothing was said at check-in about this "standard practice." I have travelled all over the world and never have I encountered this. Simply astounding. The other additional room charge, the clerk refused to address, and then hung up on me when I asked to be transferred to the Marriott business office.

I am a member of Marriott Rewards and have stayed with them many times. Never have I encountered anything like this. If you prepay a room through a third party, make sure you ask about these so-called "incidental charges" when you check in. Nothing like being billed for a room twice, and then other little hidden charges showing on your account.

This is a new hotel - they've only been open 7 weeks or so. Most of the staff are very nice - but they lack training and experience. Marriott needs to do a better job preparing the staff for customer service when they open new hotels.

6 Thank aculturaltourist
I want to thank you for taking time to share your experience at our new Courtyard Syracuse Downtown hotel. Your feedback has allowed our team to train our new staff ways to ensure proper communication with our guests. Thank you again and we truly hope when business brings you back to downtown Syracuse, you give us another opportunity to earn your loyalty.

Buffalo, NY
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I really liked this hotel, and am giving it a higher rating because the ONE issue i had was out of their control. I have to say out of my last 200 hotel nights, this was the worst night sleep i got due to the middle of the night dumpster noise. It started around 3:30, lasted until 5:30, and was just bad. If you stay here you need to ask for a NON street side room for sure.

Other than that this was standard Marriott Courtyard fare, new hotel, so everything was nice and clean.

The area around the hotel is good and bad, depends how far you wander. If you stay close to the Armory Sq area, it is safe and there are plenty of good restaurants.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

For those looking to be near SYU, it is about 1.5 to 2 miles away - so not really walking distance.

Room Tip: stay on non street side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mssachusetts
Reviewed October 4, 2013

First I should say that the staff at the hotel were very nice, especially the woman at the coffee bar. But at 3:30 in the morning I woke to the loud sounds of dumpsters being emptied. And I was on the 5th floor. I heard from others I was traveling with that they also had the same problem. One person I was with complained hoping to get some bonus points, but was not offered anything. I didn't bother complaining about the noise, but would check on whether this is a continuing problem before staying there again.

1 Thank Laura G
I would like to express my appreciation for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our team including our associate at the Bistro. It is important feedback that you provided regarding the noise that you experienced caused by the town’s maintenance process. We apologize for this disturbance. We have communicated with the town and hope that this service is no longer an issue in the future. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel when your travels find you back in Syracuse.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went on a college tour weekend up in the Syracuse area and stayed one night at this location downtown. Nice, safe area and very convenient from several top rated restaurants from Diners,Drive and Food Network. Right across the street from an Irish Pub and around the corner to Pastabilites and within walking to the Dinosaur BBQ.

Room was large with two doubles and the four of us had plenty of room - two teens.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and it overlooked the busy street with no noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PJM37
Thank you so much for your review of our downtown Syracuse hotel. It is so nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and our popular Armory Square location. We hope you had a successful college tour in the area and would look forward to welcoming you and your family again over the years.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was in town for one night for a business trip in Syracuse. I work in clothing sales so I needed to stay in town so that my store was in walking distance. My room was very clean and the next morning when I had some time to kill I spent a few hours working on my computer in the lounge. The gentleman working at the front desk was very sweet and offered me a bottle of water, free of charge. I was very happy with my stay, and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your time to review our new Courtyard Syracuse Downtown hotel. We are glad that our Armory Square location was convenient for your business appointments. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and service. Look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to the area.