“Not worth the price or the wait”
Review of P. F. Chang's

P. F. Chang's
Ranked #86 of 690 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
CNY
“Not worth the price or the wait”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped in Sunday afternoon with the kids for lunch. We had wanted to try the place since it appeared in Destiny, but did not want a long wait for a table. So a Sunday afternoon seemed like a good time to go. True, we were immediately seated, no wait. Our waitress was friendly and came to our table for the drink order soon after we sat. We decided to just put in our entire order right then and there- he kids were very hungry and we wanted to get the order in ASAP. My son's wonton soup came out quickly. It was very tasty and filled with a lot of nice tidbits. However, things went downhill fast from there!! Let the waiting begin!! The place was busy, but not full (some empty tables). Our main entrees did not come for almost an hour!!! Finally, when they did arrive, my entrée was no where to be found. Our waitress came by to ask if we needed anything else, and I was like, "YES, my food!" She apologized and it was brought out soon after. Now for the food itself. Truly disappointing. My son and I had two different chicken dishes and really, they could have been one and the same taste-wise. And there were nothing but battered lumps of chicken in sauce- not one vegetable to break up the monotony of flavor. I also had a side of garlic spinach- it tasted so burnt (like fireplace burnt) I had to spit it out! My daughters dumplings were ok, nothing special. The best dish was my husband's pad thai. The ladies room had NO toilet paper in any of the 3 stalls.
Really, I did not expect gourmet from a mall restaurant, but this was bad on so many levels. And in the end, very pricey for lunch!! (They do not serve the lunch menu on Sundays...beware!)
Would not go back again....do yourself a favor and buy a PF Chang's frozen dinner entrée at the grocery. It will be a lot cheaper, not burnt, and no doubt you have toilet paper!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank twigaCNY

Montreal
“Lunch fail”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to this location for lunch after shopping with the kids. Had never been to a P.F Chang's before and am not likely to return. Fisrt, you are paying a premium for the name. Second, our order was dismally slow. Third, our scezwan beef was burnt. Lastly, we had ordered two kids meals, chicken fried rice. Adults were served our soup and appetizers but nothing for the kids until the nain course which took almost an hour from the time we ordered. They really should have brought out the kids plates first. The waiter appologized for the long wait before we even complained, but there's no excuse for bringing me a burnt stirfry. To be fair, they did knock some stuff off of our bill, but what should have been a quick lunch with the kids turned into a 1.5 hour ordeal. Not what I expect when going out for what should be better than the food court.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Chris_Hickson
Syracuse
“Food ok- service poor”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our second time here. The first was a lunch-the food took forever to arrive. We tried it again around 5 pm on a Sunday. Again, the food took a long time to arrive. We had the lettuce wraps- tasty. Then we waited. The manager came by and said the main dish wouldcomeshortly. They did, but the empty dishes from the appetizers were not cleared first.

Then, the used dishes were not cleared at the end of the meal.

Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

* Food Arrived very late
* The starter dishes were not cleared for around 15 minutes after it was over
* The servers were more interested in how to increase the tip (too talkative, seem to have an attitude that she was the owner or proprietor - very disappointing)
* A guest with us received her entree before all of us did and hence had to wait till ours arrived which was 15 minutes later (very embarrassing for us as she continues to wait)
*The Manager noticed all this and came to us and apologized,(very courteous), and promised to take off the entree for our guest from the bill. ( that was almost the saving grace)
* I checked the bill and confirmed they did take it off bill
*But the straw that actually broke the camels back was this morning, 2 days after the messed up experience the credit card that I used reflected the bill which had the entree charged. ( PF Chang's should look into this franchise and pull them up for their lack of genuine hospitality)
No matter how successful you get all it takes is a few bad customer experiences to destroy the equity that is created over years.

1 Thank Rajeev V
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent !”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would recommend this restaurant. The food was fresh and very tasty.
We had to start vegetarian lettuce wrap : simply amazing.
Also the Edamame : soooo good ! and I don't like vegetable, all that much.

For the rest we had : sweet and sour chicken, Pad thai, spicy chicken, fried rice.....
All was just excellent !
And our waitress was just so nice.

Please visit the website for more information :