“A great tour of Syracuse”

Sampling Syracuse Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Food & Drink in Syracuse
More attraction details
Owner description: Sampling Syracuse Food Tours will provide you with a delicious and unique way to discover Downtown Syracuse. Our 3 hour walking tour includes stops at award winning restaurants where participants will sample local fare as well as visit and learn about cultural and historic landmarks.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have been on many foods tours around the world. This was top notch. Kate did an excellent job of allowing us to experience great food in some of the great restaurants in Syracuse. In addition she shared some of the history of Syracuse. The best tour you could go on in the city. Don't miss it!

All reviews
"saturday afternoon"
in 10 reviews
"dinosaur bbq"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
in 14 reviews
"espresso"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am from Syracuse and recently traveled there to visit family and friends. I have not lived in Syracuse since May of 1996, and I learned so many wonderful things about the city on the tour. A friend of mine from Owensboro, KY (where I currently live) enjoyed the history lesson and tastings as well. My sister , is currently recovering from a foot injury and is in a wheelchair. Kate took the time to create a new route to accommodate her and she was so good about sharing all information with us. I give Syracuse Sampling Tour two thumbs up, this tour was wonderful!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I had a day to spend in Syracuse so instead of doing the usual shopping for hours at Destiny USA we booked this walking food tour. Our guide, Kate, is one the cutest people you'll meet...so professional and friendly and you can really tell she loves her city. Most of us who live just over the border never venture south of the mall and I'm telling you that this is a big mistake. There is so much more to Syracuse, especially for food! Despite the rain (torrential at times) we had so much fun walking around the downtown area and sampling some of the most delicious food! The mac & cheese at the Dinosaur BBQ and the spicy hot tomato oil at Pastabilities are to die for. I even had to buy some of the stuff to take home with me and now I need to make another trip back. Take the few minutes to drive a few more exits past the mall to see the real Syracuse and go on this tour. Its worth it!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food was really, really good, and Kate, our guide was very accomodating. I'm on a gluten-free diet and Kate made sure that each restaurant offered G-F food for me. And it was delicious! The pasta and sauce at Pastabilities was the best I've had and the cupcake at the Red House Cafe was the first I've eaten in years. Yum!