“wonderful dinner!”

Gordon Biersch Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 704 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We started out with the brewhouse platter, which was delicious. I really loved their take on the hummus and southwest egg rolls. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted, but the server was wonderfeul- very patient and helpful. I ended subbing a different kind of meat for the kobe cheeseburger style, which lasted me another two small meals along with the garlic fries. I thought they'd be gross, but I was pleasantly surprised. The server gave us a quick spiel about how everything is freshly prepared there and yada yada yada. Honestly, it tasted like it. We had a great experience and will definitely go back again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I visited on a Monday night, with a moderate crowd. We asked for a table where we could see Hiawatha Blvd and discovered the great joy of looking outdoors, but of enjoying the great Canyon area of Destiny. I had dark beer brewed onsite and thought it was outstanding. We ordered simple fare, meatloaf and a specialty chicken salad. We thought it was one of the best meals we had eaten out in ages. The staff was wonderful and kept our water and bread refilled. There were noisy kids near us and the staff treated th with great respect. This is one place you don't want to miss.

1  Thank William G
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the beer is much better than the food. I got the Czech Pils while my sisters got the Export. I enjoyed the Pils very much, had a good flavor. We also ordered food. Our server was very nice, so this isn't a reflection on him.

It's a personal pet peeve of mine when a restaurant can't cook a burger properly. I ordered a burger medium rare and was told the lowest they could do is medium because of health concerns. Ok, that's fine. So I ordered it medium. My burger arrived charred and looked like a hockey puck. Oddly enough, my sister also ordered a burger and hers had pink in the middle and looked like it had been cooked the correct amount. My mother enjoyed her Cobb Salad and my other sister enjoyed her grilled cheese. They messed up my Dad's order, bringing him a grilled cheese instead of a chicken sandwich. The manger did come over and apologize without us having to say anything, which was nice.

It's a bit pricier than other chains. It's alright, but nothing super special.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went for an evening dinner. Sat on the patio area with a view of the mall canyon area. We each had a beer, and they were very good. I had the Hefeweizen, and my wife had the Czech pilsner.

I had Jambalaya for dinner, salmon for the wife. Both tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. Overall a keeper that we will visit again

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very good meal at nice location. We tried two different beers which were both very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals with the exception of the brewed chicken was served with a mushroom gravy. Not the end of the world, but my daughter and I thought it should be described on the menu. I had my choice of dessert for my 50th. Will return for another meal