“Good Beer, Food OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gordon Biersch Brewery

Gordon Biersch Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 681 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
“Good Beer, Food OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the beer is much better than the food. I got the Czech Pils while my sisters got the Export. I enjoyed the Pils very much, had a good flavor. We also ordered food. Our server was very nice, so this isn't a reflection on him.

It's a personal pet peeve of mine when a restaurant can't cook a burger properly. I ordered a burger medium rare and was told the lowest they could do is medium because of health concerns. Ok, that's fine. So I ordered it medium. My burger arrived charred and looked like a hockey puck. Oddly enough, my sister also ordered a burger and hers had pink in the middle and looked like it had been cooked the correct amount. My mother enjoyed her Cobb Salad and my other sister enjoyed her grilled cheese. They messed up my Dad's order, bringing him a grilled cheese instead of a chicken sandwich. The manger did come over and apologize without us having to say anything, which was nice.

It's a bit pricier than other chains. It's alright, but nothing super special.

Visited May 2013

Syracuse, New York
“Good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went for an evening dinner. Sat on the patio area with a view of the mall canyon area. We each had a beer, and they were very good. I had the Hefeweizen, and my wife had the Czech pilsner.

I had Jambalaya for dinner, salmon for the wife. Both tasty. Service was friendly and efficient. Overall a keeper that we will visit again

• Visited May 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Very good meal at nice location. We tried two different beers which were both very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals with the exception of the brewed chicken was served with a mushroom gravy. Not the end of the world, but my daughter and I thought it should be described on the menu. I had my choice of dessert for my 50th. Will return for another meal

Visited May 2013
Utica, New York
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I went to Gordon Biersch with family to celebrate a birthday and I have to say, though originally skeptical, I enjoyed it a lot.
First off, we had a fabulous waitress! She was personable, funny and attentive despite it being packed.
We got there early in order to avoid waiting for a table, that was the best plan.
I didn't love my dinner, but from what I ate off of everyone else's plate...the food was great. The main part of my dish (stuffed chicken) was great, the side dish though was unedible for me...it was a quinia and kale mixture...just gross.
We all got the beer sampler and then each ordered a full beer. Being able to test the beer selection was great.
I would definitely go back. There were so many tasty looking dishes that I want to try.
I generally don't go for chain restaurants, if you check my tripadvisor history, you'll see that...but in this case I'd give this chain a double thumbs up.
And PS- if you get the garlic fries (and I recommend you do) make sure to share with the other people at your table, because if not...you'll be the only one with crazy garlic breath!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chittenango, New York
“Great food! AWESOME BEER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Short wait to sit service was awesome staff was very knowledgable of menu and beer selection, food was awesome

• Visited April 2013